Advanced search

System error 14

System error 14

Gast_mickY

November 11, 2014 09:06 pm

Unregistered

Hello...we have just indulged ourselves the melitta caffeo barista ts, connect them and it comes directly the display system error 14 and the device turns off. Can anyone help me? Thank you

rudi-03

November 12, 2014 08:18 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 17460

Hello,

Either call the Melitta Hotline or exchange the device directly.

--------------------
Gruß Rudi

Fatmax   

July 10, 2015 07:27 pm

Unregistered

Hello,
we have our device now about 2 weeks.
until the last switch-on it worked without problems.
Now the greeting comes on the display, then you can hear some noises from the device for a short time (but there were these noises also during the normal working start) and then comes "system error 14". dry.gif unsure.gif>

Has anyone had any experience what this could mean?

October 03, 2015 08:14 pm

Unregistered

Good evening
Have had a varianza csp since monday evening and today also after not quite 1 week the system error 14...and today is a holiday😢
2 of 7 days she was offline
Gar not funny,
bought her cheap new
think about giving her back because online shopping is good for you
if there is one...
system error 14

What does it mean?

Mfg

Joe48

September 18, 2018 09:33 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 32942

System error 14 seems to mean that the mechanics for Bean Select do not work correctly. This is tested when switched on.
Many have succeeded by removing all beans and leftovers with the vacuum cleaner.
Once with helped to shake the machine upside down. Before of course remove the water container and the drip tray!

Today I unscrewed the lid in the bean container. Directly under the lid was a bean stuck in the mechanics! Before the reassembly I put the levers, which lock or release the bean container, back in correctly and then held it by hand and switched on the machine. Afterwards the lid could be inserted without any problems.

John Smith

October 22, 2019 02:47 pm

Unregistered

yes - that worked for me. Cleaned it out turned upside down - got all the beans out. unscrewed the top in between the beans - then reassembled and voila! Coffee again - God i love this machine when it works :-)

Gast_Lili

November 03, 2019 03:10 pm

Unregistered

Hello everyone,

We've removed all the grains, but the problem continues. Any other ideas? We just bought it!

:-)

alfred47

June 05, 2020 02:36 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 39056

I think the best thing you can do is to clean everything up and then return your machine to factory settings.

Christophe

September 21, 2020 07:02 am

Unregistered

Hello, how to set the factory settings or a real reset, when I turn it on I have immediately error 14 and no access to the menuThank you

Gast_Charles

August 08, 2021 10:46 pm

Unregistered

Really helpful tips thank you. Emptying the beans, vacuuming out the final few, unscrewing the cap on the bean selector and ensuring the paddles could go freely up and down - took a few attempts - sorted it for me

FIlip Bureš

December 05, 2021 02:22 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Joe48 @ September 18, 2018 09:33 pm)
System error 14 seems to mean that the mechanics for Bean Select do not work correctly. This is tested when switched on.
Many have succeeded by removing all beans and leftovers with the vacuum cleaner.
Once with helped to shake the machine upside down. Before of course remove the water container and the drip tray!

Today I unscrewed the lid in the bean container. Directly under the lid was a bean stuck in the mechanics! Before the reassembly I put the levers, which lock or release the bean container, back in correctly and then held it by hand and switched on the machine. Afterwards the lid could be inserted without any problems.

Hello,

It really works. I cleaned the whole coffee machine, turned the hohama up, and knocked out the coffee beans. Then I turned on and off about 4 times and the coffee machine started working. Thank you very much for the advice. IT WORKS !!

Dobrý den,

opravdu to funguje. Kávovar jsem celý vyčistil otočil vzhůru hohama a vyklepal zrníčka kávy. Pak jsem asi 4 krát vypl a zapl a začal kávovar fungovat. Děkuju moc za radu. FUNGUJE!!

Gast_Alexander

May 15, 2022 10:35 am

Unregistered

Thanks!!!
It's works! Melita Varianza CSP!

Andrew Iversen

November 09, 2023 03:26 pm

Unregistered

I buy Redber coffee whole beans and the problem is the odd broken bean that they sell which gets stuck in the circular slot into which the bean selector blades go. Vacuum out the coffee beans. Remove the top of the bean selector with a torx screwdriver (do not lose screw) and remember which way round the cap goes front and back. Remove the two bean selector blades (a fiddle - may need to turn machine off and on) and place them in a way that you can remember which one goes on which side. Vacuum again. Remove the water tank, tray, coffee brewing unit, coffee bean lid. Turn machine upside down and bang it. Turn back up and use a torch expecting to see bean fragments in the slot into which the bean selector blades go. Fine tipped pliers needed to remove - a fiddle. Reassembly may need to turn machine off and on to ease the blade bean selectors into place. Test run empty - put all the machine parts back, put your finger over the bean detection pimple in the base of the coffee bean holder, and make coffee. You should see the bean selector blades moving up and down and no error messages. If error you may have missed a fragment of coffee bean. Mind your fingers.

Gast_David

January 19, 2024 12:31 pm

Unregistered

It really works smile.gif thanks!