Advanced search

EA8108 Fully automatic, water under machine

Gast_Jan

April 30, 2016 07:16 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

I have a problem with my Krups EA 8108. after each run, a not insignificant amount of water comes out all the way down under the collection tank. It's kind of a hole, which I don't think it's supposed to be. We looked into the machine once, but found nothing that could indicate that a hose is leaking.

Someone has an idea why water is coming out or where it could come from?

Lg Jan

mikel66

May 04, 2016 05:03 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 20660

Hello Gast_Jan,
my basically identical EA 8010 has a similar problem.
My machine is almost eight years old, and since I have it, every one to two years the main suspects of this model were to blame for liquid leakage under the machine: the seal on the brewing punch or the rod and the two brewing piston seals. However, if one of these gaskets failed, a brown broth interspersed with coffee powder always came out of the hole you mentioned at the bottom of the gasket, and in the same train the amount of coffee dispensed decreased.
The symptoms are now as follows: the amount of coffee and consistency are largely correct, but under the front half of the machine there is relatively clear water, I would say about the same amount as coffee.
Although the signs did not match the usual damage to the gasket, I replaced the gaskets mentioned above. Strange: The seals that were last replaced a year and a half ago were in surprisingly good condition. I couldn't detect any visually visible damage to hoses and connections, but there's moisture down there in the device, that's for sure. So the machine is reassembled, switched on. Result: Water puddle.
Question: Has perhaps a tinkerer found a procedure, how one can switch on an EA 8XXX without housing and without attachments such as water tank, set container, slider etc. and start a brewing process? Or how else can I locate the water loss?

July 22, 2016 07:16 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (mikel66 @ Wednesday, 04.May 2016, 17:03 hrs)
My machine is almost eight years old, and since I have it, all one to two years have been the main suspects of this model blaming for fluid leakage under the machine.

Wow... 8 years that's a proud age! I have 1.5 years but my machines are in continuous operation and have brewed thousands and thousands of cups.

Most parts press a switch when you use them. These switches could theoretically be operated with something else. The water tank probably has a magnetic switch but you need the water tank anyway to test the machine... or not?

mikel66

August 27, 2016 11:57 am

Coffee drinker

In order to see what happens during the coffee making process, I found a way to run the machine - except for the front part - without a housing.

Safety advice - Start
Warning! Danger to life from electric current. There are exposed live parts whose touch is life-threatening.
Since I do not want to be held responsible for deaths or injuries due to electric shock, burns or scalding, I will not describe how this works here. Whoever tries to do so nevertheless does so at his own risk and responsibility.
Safety advice - End

Confusing finding after several "open" passages: in the area of the hoses around the water distributor I surprisingly could not detect any clear water leakage. Everything is tight.

Therefore strange things are happening between the lower and upper brewing flask, I don't know how to describe it: the lower brewing flask doesn't seem to come up properly or too late or the upper one prevents it, no idea, it's all going so fast.
Hot water (=coffee brew) seems to be compressed, which suddenly shoots up when the upper brewing flask comes up. Can it be clogged?

The result is a huge sourness, hot water (= coffee) splashes out of the top of the machine (by a hair it would have flown into my eye), almost no water (=coffee) comes out of the output - as well as it does, it flies out of the top before.

I'm absolutely at a loss as to what kind of error it is.

mikel66

August 30, 2016 10:03 pm

Coffee drinker

Test series II (change: with coffee beans instead of without): After eight coffee purchases (control knob to 140 ml) in succession, the error pattern has become clearer again:
Quantity of coffee dispensed: approx. 120 ml, content of drip tray: approx. 20 ml. But under the machine in front cold clear water runs out again, probably from the horizontal opening under the drip pan. In the machine itself, there are only small amounts of water in the base plate, also at the front.

Where does the cold clear water come from?

Seltsam: with the ninth and tenth covers, suddenly (almost) everything was the same as with my first test series without housing - see my article from August 27.

Gast_Nicky

March 02, 2019 09:23 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (mikel66 @ Wednesday, May 04, 2016) May 2016, 17:03 hrs)
Hello Gast_Jan,
My machine is barely eight years old, and since I got it, all one to two years have been the main suspects of this model to blame for liquid leaking under the machine: the seal on the brewing punch or rod and the two brewing piston seals. However, if one of these gaskets failed, a brown broth interspersed with coffee powder always came out of the hole you mentioned at the bottom of the gasket, and in the same train the amount of coffee dispensed decreased.
The symptoms are now as follows: the amount of coffee and consistency are largely correct, but under the front half of the machine there is relatively clear water, I would say about the same amount as coffee.
Although the signs did not match the usual damage to the gasket, I replaced the gaskets mentioned above. Strange: The seals that were last replaced a year and a half ago were in surprisingly good condition. I couldn't detect any visually visible damage to hoses and connections, but there's moisture down there in the device, that's for sure. So the machine is reassembled, switched on. Result: Water puddle.
Question: Has perhaps a tinkerer found a procedure, how one can switch on an EA 8XXX without housing and without attachments such as water tank, set container, slider etc. and start a brewing process? Or how else can I locate the water loss?

I also have the problem with the brown brew down from the hole.
Have the EA 829 and find exactly for the machine nothing at all.
Is it identical with other devices?

kr1zl

May 08, 2020 11:10 am

Unregistered

the problem was solved, I have already changed the seals, but in the machine itself there is an incredible amount of coffee residues and water !!

mikel66

May 10, 2020 09:08 pm

Coffee drinker

Despite further attempts with the machine "open", the cause or source of the clear water leakage and malfunctions could not be determined beyond doubt at the time. At the top of the list of suspects was the brewing group, whose replacement was considered for approx. 100 EUR to 120 EUR, but was not carried out for economic reasons.
Coincidentally, at that time a discount store (NORMA?) sold a Krups Espresseria of the same series for 199 EUR or 249 EUR, which made the decision against repairing the old appliance easy. Moreover, the new machine was immediately
available.

For reasons unknown today, the discussion finally shifted from the forum to private e-mail correspondence for the purpose of comparing prices of suppliers to the brewing group. Whether this resulted in anything concrete, I no longer know.

Oliver Brown

May 15, 2021 08:57 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gast_Jan @ April 30, 2016 07:16 pm)
Hello,

I have a problem with my Krups EA 8108. after each run, a not insignificant amount of water comes out all the way down under the collection tank. It's kind of a hole, which I don't think it's supposed to be. We looked into the machine once, but found nothing that could indicate that a hose is leaking.

Someone has an idea why water is coming out or where it could come from?

Lg Jan

Hi All, I had a similar problem where after A few google/YouTube searches

mikel66

May 15, 2021 10:42 am

Coffee drinker

Wie ich bereits erklärt habe: tendenziell klares Wasser unter oder/und in der Maschine, manchmal verbunden mit "schlagenden" Geräuschen, deutet auf ein Problem mit der Brühgruppe hin, z. B. Haarriss des Gehäuses, Versagen innerer Dichtungen usw. . Man könnte sagen, der Rhythmus des Brühvorganges ist gestört, weil Druckparameter nicht mehr passen. Ohne Spezialwerkzeug, ohne Spezialkenntnisse nicht reparabel.
Aus Sicherheitsgründen ist es ohnehin empfehlenswert, die komplette, nicht gerade preiswerte Brühgruppe zu tauschen. Macht aber bei Maschinen älter als 5 Jahre wirtschaftlich keinen Sinn, dann besser beim Discounter online ein neues Gerät mit zwei, manchmal sogar drei Jahren Garantie für 200 € - 250 € kaufen.

Marijan

April 03, 2022 01:44 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 47553

Dreinage valve, dirty or broken...lg