Advanced search

Melitta Caffeo Barista TS stops brewing

Stopping brewing operation

Gast_Jonas

April 25, 2020 10:24 pm

Unregistered

Hello to the forum,

my name is Jonas and I have been very lucky with my previous fully automatic machines and I have only now become aware of such a great forum with so much help.
Recently I am in possession of a used Caffeo Barista TS (Type F 75 /0-101) from a discount. However, it has one fault: With every purchase, it breaks off the brewing process after grinding the coffee beans, before the pump is working. The ground coffee
ends up unpressed and unmoistened directly in the pomace container.

Even after some research

, I

have

still not been able to identify a clear source of error.

After an acquaintance gave me an identical Barista TS (with defective circuit board) as a present

, I would have all conceivable spare parts available. What I already tried:
- Test with a tested working brewing group
, but leads to the same result-

Test with filling of ground coffee into the intended supply--> Brewing process is finished, ends in a coffee cover and the pomace pad

looks acceptable.
As the simplest possibility I thought I could simply change the board. Is this possible between two identical machines? Of course, there would probably be a risk that if the fault for the defective circuit board was not on the circuit board itself, I would destroy the working circuit board as well. What do you think about this idea? I would prefer this option anyway, because the machine with the defective board
had
much less covers
and is more maintained. Does
anyone else have any other solutions to
get to the bottom of
the problem
?
I would be very grateful for any kind of help! Thank you very much already
PS: Technical understanding is definitely there.

hardusj@gmail.com

May 12, 2020 01:12 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 38724

I have the same issue with my Barista TS. It grinds the coffee and then when it has to compact the grind it just say Stopped on the display.

I cleaned the brewing unit and I don't see anything stuck in the machine or the grinder.

I tried lubricating the seal on the brewing unit head but that also didn't work.

When I use pre-ground coffee the machine runs through the coffee-making process without any issues.

Have you found a solution? My machine is not even 2 years old

Petia

July 11, 2020 03:41 pm

Unregistered

Have you find any solution to your problem?
The machine does not pour a coffee Or water

Udopat

May 10, 2021 02:17 pm

Unregistered

I had / have the problem too. Occurs so at 10% of the brewing processes.
I think that beans jam in front of the grinder and therefore not a sufficient amount of coffee powder is ground. If I "stir" the beans with my finger during the next grind, it works again.
Sorry for the primitive answer, but I've been living with it for a year now and haven't had the desire/time to dig deeper into the problem.

dan

June 26, 2022 06:41 pm

Unregistered

Try adding ground coffee (half the amount of usual) when the machine is off (make sure irs not going to rinse when turned on) then when the machine is on, make a coffee from the beans.

I had the same problem but by doing this, it worked. So I've come to the conclusion that the grinder isn't releasing or grinding enough beans to make a coffee, so because I've added extra weight by adding the ground coffee in first, it tricks the machine into thinking its grinded enough and makes the coffee without the stopped message.

Neil Pickles

June 09, 2023 01:13 pm

Unregistered

An old thread I know but I had the exact same issue, my Caffeo Barista T would grind the beans then error saying 'refill beans' then dump the dry ground coffee into the waste pot. Maybe 1 in 8 attempts would work properly.

I stripped the machine right down, cleaned the coffee chute with alcohol to remove all traces of coffee & any oils, I took out the grinder and completely disassembled it and cleaned it, but it was no better.

When I took the top off the machine the Y valve at the front had some scale around it, if I ran the machine with the top off there was a small amount of steam from the y valve so I assumed it was slightly split. Having now just replaced the Y valve (a £7 part) it appears that the issue is solved, it now brews properly without a problem.

So the issue appears to be something to do with pressure in the brewing unit, which the machine thinks is due to a lack of coffee but is actually to do with a lack of pressure in the water system but as there is no sensor for that it thinks there is a coffee problem.

I'll take a £7 repair over a £700+ new machine any day.

CotfordCoffee

June 11, 2023 10:13 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 66409

Hi All,
I've been facing the same problem with my T model.
Beans grind, pass into the brewing unit, compression follows, the pump starts but coffee fails to be delivered in the cup. Instead moist dry coffee grind is in the waste container and the water is in the tray.
I purchased a new brewing unit. Still the same.
I purchased a new drainage Valve, still the same.
After stripping the drainage Valve unit down for. The second time I discovered the hose from the heater to the drainage Valve fitted in to the connector very easily without friction.
I checked the connected to discover the O ring (seal) missing. I installed a O ring, connected the hose and installed the retaining clip.
Attached the remaining items and tried again.
BOOM! It worked! What a relief! Very happy withyself.

Morale of the story, check all O rings are in position and in good condition. Check the drainage Valve as my old Valve had THE seal protruding from the cap.

Hope this helps people.

Gast_Boris   

September 24, 2023 04:23 pm

Unregistered

Hello,
Do you have any photos, because the Y valve, I assume, is the drain valve?
Good @ you.