Advanced search

Krups Orechst F889 brewing piston clamps after maintenance

Gast_Peter

August 14, 2019 09:38 pm

Unregistered

Hi, I'm a bit helpless, I got a Krups F889 from a colleague for fun with the words it doesn't work anymore.
The brewing unit jams after about 3 centimeters
and is very difficult to turn, after reading a bit I suspected that it was not maintained.

So everything screwed on

and the brewing unit revised (

) with the seals of Komtra.

So far the test run ran so well by hand, but I noticed

that the piston jams as soon as you force the movement with more force and then cants in one position. At the

uppermost position

the piston

cants

and you can only move it again if you move it back a little bit. I once made a small video which illustrates the problem:
https://streamable.com/j50q9Der

Automat presses of course with full force to the top position and then this always gets stuck, I
tested after a full dismantling. Did
I do something wrong
with the revision?

Is this a known bug or who can give me a hint to

fix it?

Maybe I should use the normal gaskets instead of the smooth-running gaskets, but that's not the

problem.
LG
Peter

Schlawi

August 15, 2019 07:45 am

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

Check whether the lower piston is still firmly seated on the rack. Looks like he's letting himself be pushed down a little, and then the BG goes through. It can't be like this.

Gast_Peter

August 17, 2019 09:36 pm

Unregistered

Hi,

I solved the problem the same night and forgot to answer. Your guess was correct, the head was no longer properly on the rack and completely broken off, but could only be seen after a new removal. I glued everything, and it's back to normal. Thank you for your tip smile.gif
LG