Advanced search

Delonghi ECAM350.55B Dynamic

ground fault,long heating,fault general

Ger

February 27, 2024 12:02 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 72873

Hello, concerns a Dinamica 350.55B from an estate that made 5 coffees three years ago (then new). Then it ended up in the cupboard and now with me. When plugged in, earth faults occurred twice, immediately when operating the rear switch above the power cord. Then it passed the startup and coffee could be made. A few hours later again a ground fault, again immediately after switching on the machine with the rear switch. After several attempts, the ground fault remained but the machine started to 'heat up' according to the display. This continued (too) long after which 'fault general' and the device in 'frozen' status. According to the manual the machine is dirty when this error occurs, but I can assure you that it is spotless on the outside and inside. There is also no contamination in the grounds container or coffee grounds conveyor. The latter is in the right place. (I have opened the unit at the back and both sides and top to see if I could detect moisture but as yet nothing?
According to the troubleshooter on Ed's Presso's site, the heating element could be faulty.
Would love to have an electrical diagram of this unit but I can't find that anywhere.
Does anyone have any tips? Replacing the element (doing it myself) is not costly but I prefer to work substantiated. Thanks for your response.