Advanced search

Quickmill - Equipment and technical highlights?

saeconutzer

November 02, 2008 06:25 pm

Coffee lover

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 2489

Today for the first time I have seen some pictures of the highly praised Quickmill.

Who can give some explanations about the technical and equipment side of this machine?

What distinguishes these machines so significantly from the other "commercially available" fully automatic coffee machines such as Jura, Saeco, DeLonghi, etc.

On the basis of initial findings, they are really heavy chunks, which for me can actually be deduced from the best quality and choice of materials.

--------------------
Gruß, Saeconutzer
---------------------------------------------

guido

November 06, 2008 01:16 am

Advanced

Member No.: 682

Let's get started: Besides ST Quickmill also offers "fully automatic" machines.
in addition to the 07000 models, which we leave out here, these are the models 5000 and 5500. These are available in plastic as well as in stainless steel versions. The Quickmill is actually a thoroughly honest machine without a lot of bells and whistles and without any games. The brewing group made of brass or stainless steel is heated, due to special construction it does not have to be descaled so often. I would actually place the Qm as a middle thing between VA and ST, the espresso from the QM makes the one of every other Va fade. Of course, it can also make normal coffee and this is where the trick lies.
The Qm does not have any storage capacity for different drinks.
If you want to switch from espresso to coffee, for example, you have to change the amount of water using the
rotating wheel and the amount of coffee in the machine using the rotary knob. Depending on the setting, it already produces a heavy mess, since in contrast to other Vas residual coffee can get into the machine with a scraper. The removal of the water container and pomace container is also laboriously solved. Positv, on the other hand, is the robust, very well and finely working grinder. Negative: the noise development. You can hear that this machine is working.
There are different versions of these models on the market. Older and somewhat more nobly styled revised innovations. The 5500 also has an integrated autocappucchinator.
For more pictures and info here 2 more addresses:

http://quickmill.de/
http://www.quick-dbo.at/

--------------------
__________ Kaffee für den Bestrafer_________________
Bremer Viva, SMP, (Eam 3500 , Quickmill 5000)

saeconutzer

November 06, 2008 07:14 pm

Coffee lover

Thank you. I'll take care of it. That's really a good help.

--------------------
Gruß, Saeconutzer

saeconutzer

November 06, 2008 07:22 pm

Coffee lover

QUOTE (guido @ Thursday, 06. November 2008)November 2008, 01:16 a.m.)
Let's get started: Besides ST Quickmill also offers "fully automatic" machines.
in addition to the 07000 models, which we leave out here, these are the models 5000 and 5500. These are available in plastic as well as in stainless steel versions. The Quickmill is actually a thoroughly honest machine without a lot of bells and whistles and without any games. The brewing group made of brass or stainless steel is heated, due to special construction it does not have to be descaled so often. I would actually place the Qm as a middle thing between VA and ST, the espresso from the QM makes the one of every other Va fade. Of course, it can also make normal coffee and this is where the trick lies.
The Qm does not have any storage capacity for different drinks.
If you want to switch from espresso to coffee, for example, you have to change the amount of water using the
rotating wheel and the amount of coffee in the machine using the rotary knob. Depending on the setting, it already produces a heavy mess, since in contrast to other Vas residual coffee can get into the machine with a scraper. The removal of the water container and pomace container is also laboriously solved. Positv, on the other hand, is the robust, very well and finely working grinder. Negative: the noise development. You can hear that this machine is working.
There are different versions of these models on the market. Older and somewhat more nobly styled revised innovations. The 5500 also has an integrated autocappucchinator.
For more pictures and info here 2 more addresses:

http://quickmill.de/
http://www.quick-dbo.at/

It seems that the 7000 series is a real fully automatic machine with programmable settings but identical inner workings or?

Greß, Heiko

--------------------
Gruß, Saeconutzer

guido

November 07, 2008 12:14 am

Advanced

Member No.: 682

At least the metal, heatable brew group should be in it. To what extent there are programming possibilities for this machine is unfortunately beyond my knowledge. salute

--------------------
__________ Kaffee für den Bestrafer_________________
Bremer Viva, SMP, (Eam 3500 , Quickmill 5000)

mr.smith

November 07, 2008 11:43 pm

Barista

Member No.: 1471

heavy mess, because unlike other Vas residual coffee can get into the machine with a scraper

Nothing can get into the machine ! - goes into the drip cup - or. max a little off (to be wiped away at any time) -
but NEVER in the machine! (the mess keeps itself after correct setting but within limits -
because then no more flour is drawn off)

Otherwise I can only confirm this - the operation needs getting used to - would never buy me another !!!

For me the biggest + of the machine:
- The heatable BG
- Materials - All Metal (also BG and BG>- Materials - All Metal) Piston)
- The short way from BG into the cup
- the great thermoblock (at 5000A)
- the relatively large brass boiler and heat exchanger (at 5500)
(not mentioned yet - the 5500 is a 2circle with a lot more technology inside)

Gruß
Jürgen

--------------------
Quick th mill