Buying advice KVA for cups / pot

buying advice

Poettchen

March 17, 2018 05:09 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 32118

Hello everyone,
I am new in this forum and need your help. Until recently I was the lucky owner of a Jura S95. After 15 years ~25.000 cups of coffee this week this one has given up and we don't want to let you fix it anymore.
Now something new should be done. Our profile:
in the morning 4 cups / pot of coffee if necessary in the next years increaseable to 8-10.
afternoons with pleasure 1-2 more cups, on weekends even more. Small cups (normal?) or espresso were hardly used at all.
We used the whole milk cake only very rarely (1-2 times a year), but we can also make it externally with our own milk frother.

The Jura S95 was super for this application, the long coffee / special coffee was exactly according to our taste.

Price class up to max. 1.500€, gladly less (the S95 15 years ago was a demonstration model for 700)

I could imagine e.g. a Jura WE8 well, but how do you see that?

Kaffeepoint

March 17, 2018 09:50 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 28864

WE8? I thought you didn't need milk drizzle. Then the WE6 would be the right one. They can't pot either.

Saeco Aulika Office
Nivona Romatica 1030

can I think of? Or a used Jura S9/7 Avantgarde

MfG Paul

--------------------
KVA:WMF 800 ST: Lelit Bianca PL 162

Poettchen

March 18, 2018 05:21 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 32118

Hi Paul,
seems to have a clue about the subject, so thanks a lot for that.
The Saeco Aulika Office looks really interesting, especially the price, but with 547mm height it lost unfortunately. Doesn't fit under my tall cupboard, I'm afraid. In the data sheet I have somehow understood "removable brew group 7- 9 gr" but that can't be the gram number powder per serving? Anyway, I'm afraid it will fall out anyway.
The Nivona Romatica 1030 would fit and I think I've read that the amount of powder per portion goes up to 16gr. The water quantity according to the data sheet goes up to 240ml. I'll definitely take a look at it.

Why do you think the WE6/WE8 can't handle a pot/cup? The Jura brewing unit is also specified up to 15 grams per portion and the amount of water also goes up to 240ml. What makes the Nivona better in terms of a long coffee?

love greetings
Thomas

Kaffeepoint

March 20, 2018 11:09 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 28864

Think I have a hunch. We repair up to 20 machines a day and sell them too. So of course I also have an insight into the inside of matter.

There are Aulika also in a low form. Looks like a Saeco Royal one touch. Simply google.

Saeco grinds and brews two portions in a row (max 18 gr) when you order 2 cups. At Nivona or Jura you can make a double cup (that is called) with a cover (max 16gr).

However, it is not possible to use the 16 gr for one cup, this makes the machine only with double cover.

You need about 8 gr of powder for 100ml of coffee. 220 ml can be used by all machines, but has little to do with coffee

MfG Paul

--------------------
KVA:WMF 800 ST: Lelit Bianca PL 162