Advanced search

Claris Smart refill cartridges

Maybe there's a way

Kaffeepoint

January 29, 2018 11:02 pm

Advanced

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 28864

The machine writes on the chip. Thus it is also possible to filter the filter under different conditions. The filter can also be removed and reused at a later date. When the filter is used up, the machine goes into normal water mode and reports decalcifying after some time.

MfG Paul

--------------------
KVA:WMF 800 ST: Lelit Bianca PL 162

freakofevil

January 30, 2018 05:15 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 31873

Well then it should be possible to read out the chip if it is new and after the refill again just enter these values

Pity that my z5 does not have something like that I would like to test
If someone donated an old filter I could test the chip with an arduino to read out
Have already built up a rfid reader anyway
Which rfid chip Jura has built in there? There are a couple of different standards.

Tuxtom007

January 30, 2018 10:21 pm

Coffee lover

Member No.: 30680

QUOTE (Danceman @ Tuesday, January 16, 2018)January 2018, 06:34 am)
It doesn't always have to be like this, but I've often read that mineral-rich water can change the taste. Whether you feel this positive or negative is of course a matter of taste.

Minerals are substances that have a big influence on the taste of water and minerals are also good for the body.

These3 whole filters and water purifiers are in my opinion pure moneymaking and do not bring much in terms of taste with coffee.

>The choice of a good coffee has significantly more influence.

( I just drink hand filtered Tchibo private coffee - used to be my favorite, now it's tasty ........ )

--------------------
Jura Giga5 mit Wireless Milch-Kühler

snowball

January 31, 2018 12:27 am

Coffee lover

Member No.: 28178

QUOTE (freakofevil @ Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 16:15 pm)
Then it should be possible to read out the chip if it is new and after the refill it should be able to enter these values again

Pity that my z5 does not have something like that I would like to test it
If somebody gave me an old filter I could test the chip with an arduino
Had I just built one up as a rfid reader
White somebody which rfid chip Jura has built in there? There are a few different standards

If your RFID reader supports the ISO/IEC 15693 standard, you can try the Arduino.

Included chip in the filter: "http://www.emmicroelectronic.com/products/rf-identification-security/nfc-high-frequency-ics/em4233slic"

In order to fool the KVA one would first have to find out the protocol used and the corresponding commands. Then you can dare to fake the chip.

Emmy.Boston

February 13, 2018 01:42 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 29350

@ snowball: You write above you have described the chip of the Claris Smart, with which hardware if I may ask?

I have read the chip with an Android and the app and can confirm your statements.

Emmy.Boston

February 14, 2018 03:04 pm

Coffee drinker

In the appendix a used cartridge on the left, a new one on the right.

Attached Image

Emmy.Boston

February 15, 2018 11:03 am

Coffee drinker

I have now read a few more Smart Filters, data in the attachment

Attached Image

Kaffeepoint

February 17, 2018 11:06 am

Advanced

Doesn't that ever stop? Get rid of those stupid filters. It just costs a lot of money. Refilled and otherwise manipulated filters even more so (machine damage). Descaler is much cheaper and more effective. If we always look at the old filters, how contaminated they are, we get the horror.

The hoses are black from the activated carbon, ergo I have that also in the coffee. Okay, helps with diarrhea. tongue.gif

--------------------

snowball

February 18, 2018 02:18 am

Coffee lover

@Emmy.Boston
Block 08 stores the number of water-related power-up cycles.

Block 10 to 1B is the water consumption. I've tried decoding these values before, without success. Put it down just like you in a table like that. I had tried to describe these blocks, but it didn't work. A certain command sequence is probably expected here.

Block 1C to 1F, on the other hand, are completely free. I was able to fill them with my own values using my RFID reader/writer. I'd have to check on that device. I'll let you know later.

@Coffee point
We've been putting filters in our 2 KVAs since the beginning and had never had black tubes. What I can only imagine is that there might be dust from the activated carbon in self refilled cartridges. And if present, the filter is flushed out to a large extent. It is certainly not detectable in coffee, or does water recently dissolve activated carbon? It is not the case that activated carbon is added directly, as is the case with other newfangled foods.

As our drinking water quality tends to deteriorate rather than improve, mMn filters certainly improve water quality. You don't always have to hold your own convictions against others.

As far as the different refill cartridges that can be bought are concerned, I can't (anymore) say anything about it. Had once a refill type that was too cumbersome for me, anyway not long in use - durability was extremely low, the thing broke at the upper part.

Danceman

February 18, 2018 09:12 am

Experienced

Member No.: 23992

that in self refilled cartridges there may be Dust from activated carbon could be present

But isn't this about refilling yourself from these silly, expensive, unnecessary filters? Basically I have nothing against filters, because so I get again and again limed and soiled machines for lukewarm.
Filter out, hoses new, hardcore decalcify and the water ways from the bacteria modder free, and already I have a as good as new machine.
When I like filters, I would never use garbage like this myself. If a machine does not work properly, the question of a filter is already part of the standard procedure in the forums, because the filters are simply nonsense, cause a lot of problems, and only benefit the manufacturer. And so bad water there is in Germany not at all that this would be necessary at all. And if I did, I'd have a filtration system in the basement, not just the MVA.

You don't have to keep repeating your own convictions to others

I think too. One should finally let the silly topic with the self-production of bacterial cultures rest by outwitting the RFID chip. Nobody needs filters, and even less for refilling in the food sector.
At most for the people who also put their pots dirty back in the cupboard to cook the next noodles. But fortunately for the people it says on the frozen pizza that the foil should be removed before heating...

If we always look at the old filters to see how germgy they are, we get the horror.

But so from... I'd rather drink my water from the aquarium. This doesn't smell as bad as the Schmodder in the (refill) filters...

--------------------
Pessimist: Ganz schön dunkel hier...
Optimist: Ich seh ein Licht am Ende des Tunnels...
Realist: Mist, da kommt ein Zug...
Zugführer: Was machen die 3 Deppen auf den Gleisen?

snowball

February 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Coffee lover

The way I see it, you have no idea about water quality. With you it probably also applies that everywhere in Germany the same quality must be present. You probably haven't had one controlling your drinking water quality yet. As a rule, this is arranged in multi-party houses with existing administration. But no matter, you two are only interested in the basic opinion that filters harm people.

Well, I have to start from my side, and I still have the waste incineration plant under my wings, no diseases or complaints have occurred through the filter insert.

If you/your machines are getting the misiffed, rather another question arises: how do they deal with their machines? Daily use, or just from time to time? Were they in between at the service? Did they wash out the water tank at least once a week? VMAs standing in the office are among the worst cases I can think of. Everybody wants to drink, but the fewest want to keep clean.

Our KVAs did not have any contaminated filters until now. Had that opened after use, you'd see and feel that first. And since our KVAs are also decalcified regularly (at least 2 times a year), we haven't had any clogged components so far.

Kaffeepoint

February 18, 2018 12:25 pm

Advanced

We have on average 15 machines per day for service or repair (50% Jura and 50% others). I've been doing this for more than 20 years. It is true that there are old lead or steel pipes in houses where a filter would be worthwhile, but then not only for the KVA but for the whole kitchen.

You don't even have to open the filters, just take a look at the inlet strainer where the brown Pampe is hanging.

Believe me, the hoses are black, like to take some pictures.

Egal , as Danceman already wrote, there are then used or broken machines for umme. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Kaffeepoint

February 18, 2018 12:27 pm

Advanced

Oh yes, what else, if he is, as he wrote, an aquarist, he has more idea about water than the rest of the population.

--------------------

snowball

February 18, 2018 01:41 pm

Coffee lover

Not at all. With his statement that no one needs filters in MWIPs, the discussion leads to nothing. At least you have realized that there are differences even in the management. Then I can only do what I can do here, to use a filter with KVAs. Furthermore, I can also allow the pipe to run longer with hot water.

And what you have written, I can partly also confirm. I had once given a colleague a filter for his older machine that didn't fit in our Jura Z6. It actually didn't come back for months with the filter. That's how it looked, brown at the bottom of the gasket. Here it turned out after more exact inquiries that the KVA was used only now and then, the water tank was not washed out.

But we should remain here then nevertheless with the actual topic. If you want to have a basic discussion on the subject of water filters, you are welcome to do so in a separate thread.

snowball

February 18, 2018 02:05 pm

Coffee lover

@Emmy.Boston
I bought the Omnikey 5321 v2 CL for reading and writing. Is not a standard device now, the manufacturer does not provide any programs for the easy use of the device, but only APIs to implement them in your own applications.

Haven't given up so fast and found a program that communicates with this device. Depending on the device, the syntax (APDU commands) may differ, docs confirm my assumption. In addition, the different standards, each with different transmission sequences/requirements, make the task more difficult.

That helps very little in this respect. First, the communication between KVA and its RFID reader/writer must be analyzed and the command sequence must be determined. This works via a serial connection, probably similar to that of the Jura serial port (at the back of the KVA).

1Seite 234