Heating up in the display nothing else more

aeleg

November 17, 2010 10:24 am

Coffee lover

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 4422

Hello together,
have had a problem with the Siena-2
I got the answer from schaerer Germany a few days ago, give them the address we send a technician by.
complaint is:
After switching on the device, the device heats up, then rinses it (hot water), goes back to the mode " heat up " and stays on heat forever.
Hot water withdrawal is possible (very hot)

Fault message does not appear

Somebody can tell me if this is due to venting and how to vent the machine.
Steam withdrawal is not possible with this machine.

Or does this indicate a defective temp.Sensor ?

mfg. aeleg.

W1cht3lm@nn

November 17, 2010 11:59 pm

Experienced

Member No.: 7258

Apparently the steam boiler does not heat up any more, or the responsible sensor is defective.
Steam is only used for the automatic frother on this machine.

Open the cover plate (cup warmer, make sure that the protective conductor connection does not come into contact with live parts anywhere) and check (with the mains plug disconnected) whether the steam boiler (the front one of both) is hot.

If yes, the sensor is faulty, if no, either the heater is faulty, the relay that switches the heater is faulty, or the thermostat on the right side of the boiler has tripped. The thermostat has a reset button in the middle.

If you have a multimeter, check the resistance values of the heater and thermostat, as well as the voltage at the heater while the machine is heating up.

--------------------
Quick Mill 05000 "Unique Edition", WMF Ecco

aeleg

November 18, 2010 06:27 pm

Coffee lover

Hello W1cht3lm@nn,
yes goodness, that goes ratz fatz.
Many thanks for the quick answer, thought already that I do not get an answer, because I had chosen the topic wrong.
I was irritated, because no error message was shown on the display, the heating was always (audibly) on and off and I therefore assumed that there may be an operating error, e.g. bleed.
Thank you for the tips, I'll get to it and report back.

Greeting aeleg

aeleg

November 18, 2010 08:54 pm

Coffee lover

Hello W1cht3lm@nn,

As you already mentioned, the thermostat in the front right had tripped. I reset the button. Then the machine worked again.
That's all OK.
Only while the device is in operation, i.e. as long as the pressure is present in the machine, it pushes out water bubbles above the brass screw of the sensor until the pressure has decreased (after switching off the machine). There are no traces of water on or next to the boiler.
Is this normal???

>Now put the machine back into operation and leave it on all the time to observe whether the drop of water around the sensor becomes larger or whether it remains during evaporation.

Greeting aeleg

aeleg

November 18, 2010 09:52 pm

Coffee lover

Hello W1cht3lm@nn,

After the machine had made 4 covers, it is now on strike again.

Now the message appears, NTC steam on the display !!!

However, the thermostat has not triggered.

Nothing works anymore !!

Is the temp. sensor now defective ? or and the boiler ?

Can you help me ?

Greß aeleg

aeleg

November 20, 2010 12:54 am

Coffee lover

Hello together,

Can nobody help me anymore ???
sume that W1cht3lm@nn has no time at the moment.

Add to everything I've chosen the topic very badly !!
Should actually be: sherer siena 2 hot, instead of "No coffee possible"

Maybe somebody still gets lost on the page and can help me
>
Thank you in advance

aeleg

Hisholy

November 20, 2010 10:19 am

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (aeleg @ Freitag, 19.November 2010, 23:54pm)
Should actually be: schaerer siena 2

Topic heading changed.

aeleg

November 20, 2010 10:50 am

Coffee lover

Hello Hisholy,
thanks for the change. Had searched "edit" in vain, but found nowhere.
About change didn't work. Hopefully I didn't embarrass myself too much.
But you did it !! Thank you.

Greeting aeleg

Having just noticed that now suddenly the button "delete " is there, it wasn't before. Maybe this was it.

Hisholy

November 20, 2010 04:18 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 22

You can modify the post text by clicking on "change", but as far as I know only a moderator can change the heading.

W1cht3lm@nn

November 20, 2010 09:25 pm

Experienced

Only while the unit is in operation, i.e. as long as the pressure is present in the machine, it pushes out water bubbles above the brass screw of the sensor until the pressure has decreased (after switching off the machine). There are no traces of water on or near the boiler.
Is this normal???

That is not normal.
I suppose you mean the screwed connection of the level probe with the yellow cable or?
There is the same seal as on the Legris connection for the water hoses.
Solis seal on the Legris

The temperature sensor with its blue connecting cables is located in a welded sleeve, which must be tight.
Openable is at least the temperature sensor defective, this would also explain why the thermostat was triggered before (overtemperature due to wrong measured value).

Infos for exchange:
Error display Siena (suitable spare part, posting #11)
Coffee too hot at Solis Master Pro (Pictures and description of sensor removal)

--------------------

aeleg

November 21, 2010 09:37 pm

Coffee lover

Hello W1cht3lm@nn,

ja, exactly it is the screw connection of the level probe.
Will do it tomorrow and report again.

Thank you for the tips !!

It's simply wonderful to see that there are still people in our
today's fast-paced and stressful times who make a part of their free time available for others to use with time and advice.
This is really not self-evident.
I have the greatest respect for such people, also for the team in this forum.

Heartily aeleg

aeleg

December 16, 2010 12:58 am

Coffee lover

Hello W1cht3lm@nn,

It's been a while, had been waiting for the level probe all this time.
Swapped it, then it left again. No more bubbles came out of the brass screw, so it was tight. Unfortunately only a short time - 2 days.
During this time she was not switched off, because she goes after 3 hours on Stby.
Next morning from Stby. When it was in standby mode again, everything was OK.
When it was switched on again, the plug was accidentally pulled out because the socket for a kitchen appliance was needed.
Later the plug back in again and the same game: "NTC DAMPF"
Now the Stby. button pressed at that moment, a strong burst of steam ejected from the coffee outlet. The device switched off.
On again and she stopped to heat up.
After lid down both thermostats had tripped. Resetting didn't work, probably because the boiler was too hot. Let it cool down, then went reset.
Now turned on again and it went back on for 1 day until just now.
I had the impression that if the unit is turned off and cools down, it is turned on again afterwards, it stays OK.
When the error message came water refill, I refilled the tank, it had hissed really hard behind my back, so hard that water shot out of the machine, how do I know? The quantity approx. 1 cup. After that, it smelled like a scorched one, too. In that moment I saw that now for a short moment bubbles came out of the level probe.
Question: is now the (or was already before) temp. sensor defective, or even the boiler ? and the two thermostats also ???

Have the device in the Stby. Mode 2 hours cool down then leave switched on again.
Device has heated and rinsed normally. Then I stuck to "heat up" and didn't go any further. Then both thermostats were reset and it worked again. After the purchase of the 2 . Test - cup came again " NTC - VAPOR "
Now it stands since then in the Stby. - Mode.

>Can you give me some tips ???

Where can I get parts ???

>Have attached some pictures.

http://img153.imageshack.us/i/small mark10007.jpg/

http://img101.imageshack.us/i/1000712fllstandssondekl.jpg/

Many thanks aeleg

W1cht3lm@nn

December 16, 2010 02:43 am

Experienced

As already written the temperature sensor seems to be defective, so the machine tells you.
Whether it really is so, or the evaluation only fails on the board, you can only find out with a resistance meter (Today you take a multimeter, from 5-10 euros in many DIY stores to get) by comparing the resistance values of both sensors in cold condition with each other. It should be 10kOhm at 25°C according to the datasheet of the spare part.

Where you get the sensor and how to install it is in the two links at the end of my last answer, please read the threads in the neighbour forum.

Only for safety's sake: Does your machine still have a warranty?

Question because your machine already seems to be one of the WMF-owned machines because of the significant changes to boilers, thermostats and hose connectors, which hasn't been the case for too long. My WMF Ecco from 2005 and the previous Siena 1 both still have the boilers with clamps and single thermostats.

--------------------

aeleg

December 17, 2010 05:30 pm

Coffee lover

Hello W1cht3lm@nn,
many thanks, for your very quick feedback.
hasn't answered yet.
I ordered the sensor under the link.
The warranty has expired 2.5 months ago. A phone call with a weaker number didn't help, I should call the hotline in Germany, which I did.
There I only got the answer that a technician would come by.
I would have to pay the travel costs myself, this would be a huge cost because it would be more than 450 km and I would have to be 500.At least calculate.
Then the matter was done for me.
The curious thing is that this machine was pulled 300 cups, because it was mostly only used on weekends.

I will compare the resistance values this evening.

Thank you for now.

Greeting aeleg

Kimpmannsg   

December 18, 2010 09:20 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 10054

"There I only got the answer that a technician would come by.
I would have to pay the travel costs myself, this would be a huge cost because it would be over 450 km and I would have to reckon with at least 500.€."

Never!!! call again. Maybe it was just the cleaning lady on the phone.

Seite 123