Error 8

Brewing group no longer goes in

C.G.

August 23, 2020 02:18 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 40142

Hello,

I own a Nivona CafeRomantika 760 and am at a loss.

Today, after I emptied the bowl, the machine suddenly showed error8. The brew group was only cleaned up last week. It could be taken out very easily even now.

Problem now: it won't go back in.

I read here in the forum that it might be the default setting. Unfortunately my machine has no arrow key. It doesn't matter if I switch it off and on again, it doesn't make a sound and the display always shows: brewing group is missing.

Does anyone of you have any advice. Nivona CafeRomatica 757

Jo

July 16, 2021 04:49 pm

Unregistered

Hello, have you found a solution?

enicol

February 16, 2022 03:09 am

Unregistered

I have the same problem. Has anyone found a solution?

Gast_Marcel

February 26, 2022 02:15 pm

Unregistered

I had the same problem witm my nivona coffee romantica type 759.
Initially I only got erron 8 which was solved for a while by just cleaning machine. The brewing was removed, cleaned and put back.
Today I had the error again. After removing the brewing unit ( it jammed a bit while removing) it could not be put back in place.
Cause: It seems that the ax driving the brewing unit was rotated a bit, causing the position of the slots on the ax and the pins in the brewing unit did not langer correspond.
Solution: Turn on the machine without the brewing deviice. It will show a message that the internal device (brewing unit) is missing. When you have the right hand cover plate removed, you will see on the top right hand corner a slot with a white switch element in It. (The switch is the white pin at the bottom), This is the sensor detecting whether the brewing unit is in place. Press this switch with a screw driver (or something else), after the machine is switched on. The machine will start and the ax will rotatie a bit. Try to installatie the brewing unit. If It does not fit, switch off the machine, turn it on an press the switch again. The ax will rotatie again. Try to fit the brewing unit. It may be that you need to repeat this a few times, but eventueally the ax will move in the position at which the brewing unit will fit. Problem was solved and I could enjoy my coffee.biggrin.gif

Gast_Marcel

February 26, 2022 02:32 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gast_Marcel @ February 26, 2022 02:15 pm)
I had the same problem witm my nivona coffee romantica type 759.
Initially I only got erron 8 which was solved for a while by just cleaning machine. The brewing was removed, cleaned and put back.
Today I had the error again. After removing the brewing unit ( it jammed a bit while removing) it could not be put back in place.
Cause: It seems that the ax driving the brewing unit was rotated a bit, causing the position of the slots on the ax and the pins in the brewing unit did not langer correspond.
Solution: Turn on the machine without the brewing deviice. It will show a message that the internal device (brewing unit) is missing. When you have the right hand cover plate removed, you will see on the top right hand corner a slot with a white switch element in It. (The switch is the white pin at the bottom), This is the sensor detecting whether the brewing unit is in place. Press this switch with a screw driver (or something else), after the machine is switched on. The machine will start and the ax will rotatie a bit. Try to installatie the brewing unit. If It does not fit, switch off the machine, turn it on an press the switch again. The ax will rotatie again. Try to fit the brewing unit. It may be that you need to repeat this a few times, but eventueally the ax will move in the position at which the brewing unit will fit. Problem was solved and I could enjoy my coffee.biggrin.gif

????Autocorrect messed up my message a bit. The ‘ax’ should be ‘shaft’.

Giuliano

March 27, 2022 02:29 pm

Unregistered

Salve lo stesso problema l'ho avuto anchio, l'unità centrale non ritornava nella sua sede. Ho schiacciato anchio il pulsantino (veramente nascosto) in alto a dx, e dopo alcuni tentativi (anche interrompendo prima) l'unità è rientrata nella sua sede. Ma l'errore 8 me lo da ancora alcune volte. Penso che sia sporca all'interno e ci voglia un professionista, che la smonta e sopratutto la sappia rimontare.

Giuliano

March 27, 2022 02:32 pm

Unregistered

Hi I also had the same problem, the central unit did not return to its seat. I also pressed the small button (really hidden) on the top right, and after a few attempts (even interrupting first) the unit returned to its seat. But error 8 still gives it to me a few times. I think it is dirty inside and it takes a professional, who takes it apart and above all knows how to reassemble it.

Giuliano

May 24, 2022 08:43 am

Unregistered

Hi I have the same problem, how did you solve it? Did you have to change any pieces and how much did you spend?

Joonas

October 24, 2022 10:32 am

Unregistered

Had the same issue. Above helped me to get the heating element inside but still continued to see 8. It because the axis and the system did not align. Make sure that the system of heating element is most down position and locked (after releasing the heating unit, the inside should not move - they should be locked). Also to get the axis back, use rest functionality - press both front buttons at same time.

Also at some point the heating element got locked inside - and as rest only works when machine is online, and with error 8 you can't keep it online, when you open the relase for heating element (red) then you will be able to do the rest and get the axis back to original position - releasing the heating element.

Gast_Adam

October 28, 2022 09:33 am

Unregistered

With error 08 and I had a problem. I coped on my own, in the coffee machine services told tales, in each different.

1. the brewer can not be inserted, it could be taken out but it does not go in. The reason is a misaligned drive screw. Press and hold the small switch mentioned earlier and turn on the espresso machine. Wait until the espresso machine completes the test, that is, turn this screw. As it finishes ie it asks to rinse the system you can release the button, the brewer should be able to be mounted.
2. during startup, error 08 immediately appears and the coffee maker immediately shuts down. The reason is that the motor draws too much current, the brewer is seized. Remove the brewer, if you can not remove it, press the switch button several times ( 3 - 5 times ) until it passes the test (ready to work) , then remove the brewer and very carefully wash it and descale the system. Very important, it is necessary to lubricate the brewer with dedicated silicone grease. The cost is 15 - 20 zł, the manufacturer is arbitrary, the important thing is that it is dedicated to espresso machines.

In the service they will tell you to replace the motor, brewer, gaskets or something else. The cost is 300-400 zl plus parts. This is nonsense, a cash heist, do not be fooled.

In the brewer in the place that drives the screw, on both sides there are tiny recesses on the axis that rotates, there you should apply a small amount of grease, a small dot and leave it like that. This is the most important place. In general, you should lubricate the entire brewer every few months. There are videos on the web on how and where to lubricate. Only the brewer is lubricated.