Advanced search

Jura Z10 milk system cleaning program faulty

KaffeeCheeser

January 05, 2024 12:19 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 70857

Hello everyone,

We have had a Jura Z10 for about 2.5 years. It was also serviced at its two-year anniversary (Expert). Unfortunately, we didn't find out what was actually done or not.

Coffees with milk: approx. 1,700

A few weeks ago, it started to happen that the machine no longer seemed to be able to suck in the milk properly, resulting in more steam than milk foam. I then cleaned everything, tried a different hose and so on. The milk system cleaning program no longer worked properly either, the cleaning liquid was no longer being sucked in properly here either.

After some research, I found the tip to make a milk foam extraction without the steam nozzle distributor so that the pin "drives itself free" again. In my opinion, this has largely solved or improved the problem when drawing milk. But somehow the milk system cleaning program still doesn't work properly. Some cleaning fluid is only drawn in during the second 'cycle'.

Below are two more videos to illustrate the problem and the current situation. Who can help here please? I would be very grateful ????

Video Cappuccino:
Youtube Z10 Cappuccino

Video Milk system cleaning program:
YoutubeZ10 Cleaning

Many thanks!

Best regards
Michael

Schlawi

January 05, 2024 09:50 am

Expert

Member No.: 14628

Hi,

I don't know the Z10, but according to the spare parts list there is an air valve in the flange. Is it clean and continuous?

The ceramic valve is also a source of error. There is a small valve that is responsible for the air.

These would be my first suspects for the fault.

Attached Image

KaffeeCheeser

January 14, 2024 06:05 pm

Coffee drinker

QUOTE (Schlawi @ Friday, January 05, 2024, 08:50)
Hi,

I don't know the Z10, but according to the spare parts list there is an air valve in the flange. Is it clean and continuous?

The ceramic valve is also a source of error. There is a small valve that is responsible for the air.

These would be my first suspects for the fault.

Hi Schlawi,

Thanks for your feedback!

I've now looked at the air valve, which I hadn't cleaned yet. Now it's clean, if I hold it up to the light I can easily see through it. But since the cleaned air valve has been reinstalled, nothing works at all. Neither the milk foam extraction nor the milk system cleaning program can now suck in anything.

So it seems I've "touched" the right place, but with the wrong result. Could it be the ceramic valve? Can I try something else or check where the fault lies?

Thank you!

Best regards
Michael

Schlawi

January 14, 2024 07:06 pm

Expert

Member No.: 14628

On the ceramic valve, the part marked with the arrow is the air valve. Check this.
But make sure nothing breaks.
But I would also replace the part that you cleaned.

Attached Image

KaffeeCheeser

January 31, 2024 10:19 pm

Coffee drinker

Hi Schlawi,

thanks for the feedback.

The valve inside was heavily calcified/dirty and had to be cleaned. Now everything works perfectly again like on the first day. We also replaced the air valve at the same time.

Many thanks!

Best regards
Michael