Advanced search

Melitta CI Touch Permanently Rinsing

Water moving from tank to drip tray

Steve R

January 21, 2024 04:50 pm

Unregistered

Hi There
Looking for some help. My Melitta CI Touch machine is not working correctly.
Each time I switch it on, it makes a noise and then pumps water from the reservoir into the drip tray. I have dismantled the machine and nothing appears to be amiss - the drain valve "looks" to be fine. Have just checked and the water in the drip tray is hot, it is not being deposited via the drain valve but from the smaller red pipe which is also attached to the receptacle which attaches to the drain valve.

Please help

Steve R

January 21, 2024 04:54 pm

Unregistered

The machine will continue to empty the reservoir until either reservoir is empty or until drip tray is full. Then ask for reservoir to be filled and then continues.

None of the buttons register when pressed.

Switch machine off and on again and cycle starts again.

Have tried to reset by pressing power button and select button simultaneously.......nothing.

Steve R

January 23, 2024 08:24 pm

Unregistered

Solved the problem:rolleyes:rolleyes.gif

Put some descaler in the water reservoir and allowed that to be pumped into the machine. Turned the machine off while the descaler was still in to allow the descaler to do its thing.

Left the machine for around an hour then restarted. Clearly, there had been a blockage as the rinse cycle completed and the buttons became available.

Performed a complete descale cycle and now the machine is back up and running.....she lives.