Advanced search

Krups EA850b disassembly

Krups EA850b disassembly problem

Gast_Krups EA850b

May 24, 2016 06:44 pm

Unregistered

I am currently dismantling my Krups EA850b. You can also remove the coffee bean container without any skill and at some point remove the entire upper plate. Then I can't get any further. The machine is without "lid" in front of me and I can also clean the brewing chamber.

The back and the side parts are not separate, it is actually a part. This is mounted on the base plate, but I can't get it off.

Somehow you have to continue at the front front. Also there I have loosened all screws accessible to me, but I can't get any further.

Maybe someone knows what to do?

Gast_Krups EA850b

May 30, 2016 07:19 am

Unregistered

Unfortunately, my search for answers has been unsuccessful so far. Here in the forum nobody could help me so far. In the net you can find a lot of instructions for the dismantling of different devices, but not for the Krups EA 850b or similar devices.

Nevertheless now a short intermediate result:

The upper part I was able to disassemble and got to many parts of the machine. Side part and back part (connected) had to stay at it, because I couldn't get through there. By spare part lists one can understand that it would have to continue probably with the front part. How exactly is not understandable for me however.

With some skill I could clean the machine however thoroughly. The brewing flask (if you call it that) can be removed and cleaned with some skill. The newer system has two gaskets, but both had aged a bit in my case. In the meantime I have ordered some more and will reassemble the machine with the new gaskets. Then, at least I hope, the biggest problem should be solved.

Should someone still know how to dismantle the Krups EA 850b, I would be very happy about a hint.

Gast_ralf

June 06, 2016 04:00 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

I have the same problem somehow. I just digged out my good old Siziliana after mothballing it years ago because the water flowed only sparsely. I'm assuming a calcification. Now I would like to kill the whole thing piece by piece and decalcify all pipes. How far have you got now? And where do I have to go anyway? wink.gif

lG

ralf

Gast_compass

September 21, 2019 09:41 am

Unregistered

is no longer up to date, but all those who have lost their way here.
The front panel is fastened with 3 screws at the bottom right and left and a screw behind the coffee spout, pull out the coffee spout upwards. For this you have to push two locking noses also behind the spout, best with a thin metal sheet (I took two saw blades) in the direction of the casing, then the slider goes out upwards, in the middle the screw goes out and the front part is gone. now only 4 screws on the right and left front and two under the water tank at the back under the bottom and pull out the casing to the back. Don't
forget
the 6 screws from the pomace container

after 25 screws the machine is open

....have fun!

Gast_Micha

December 10, 2019 04:46 pm

Unregistered

Hello
,how exactly are you getting that middle
screw?

I can pull the slider upwards and push the latch but completely upwards I

don't

get the Aius run

. Is there

a

trick? Thank you. I'll take care of it.

Gast_Lisa   

March 27, 2020 12:21 am

Unregistered

Hello, I have the same problem as my predecessor. Does anyone have an answer. Due to the wide outlet openings the slide cannot be pushed completely upwards into the machine. How do you get the third screw?
Thanks in advance. And stay healthy!

Gast_Lisa

March 29, 2020 06:56 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest_Lisa @ Friday, 27 March 2020, 00:21 h)
Hello, I have the same problem as my predecessor. Does anyone have an answer. Due to the wide outlet openings the slide cannot be pushed completely upwards into the machine. How do you get the third screw?
Thanks in advance. And stay healthy!

I finally got to the "third" screw. To do this, you have to loosen the upper part of the front around the display with a few targeted blows against the lower side (right and left of the coffee spout). Then the coffee spout can be pushed up and the screw becomes visible. If the upper front part is off, two more screws become visible. The rest went without any problems as described above.

Claud   

October 14, 2020 05:24 pm

Unregistered

Great advice so far. I have removed all screws that I can see and have applied many firm upward blows beneath the display housing, but my machine refuses to come apart. I can see two small hollow stubs that appear to be the last fixings that are holding it together, but if I hit the housing with any greater force I fear it will break! Am I still missing something, or should I keep on hitting it? Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks to All.

Claud   

October 14, 2020 05:27 pm

Unregistered

Great advice so far. I have removed all screws that I can see and have applied many firm upward blows beneath the display housing, but my machine refuses to come apart. I can see two small hollow stubs that appear to be the last fixings that are holding it together, but if I hit the housing with any greater force I fear it will break! Am I still missing something, or should I keep on hitting it? Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks to All.

Claud   

October 14, 2020 05:58 pm

Unregistered

A little more progress! To review in more detail... there are two small pins at the back of the spout (projections of the silver plastic coffee spout body) that strike the latches (or noses as ralf referred to them). I tried saw blades but found they were two thick, so I cut two strips of thin flat plastic sheet and slipped these past the latches and behind the pins. The spout was then easily pushed further upwards, but could still not be fully removed. I had already removed the lower part of the spout (press silver button just above the outlet) but the projecting "feet" of the spout body below the front housing is preventing the spout from being pushed upward any farther. I still cannot see the centre screw. the feet appear to be separate mouldings rather than part of the spout body. Is there a way to remove these feet, or does the solution lie elsewhere? Help please!

Claud   

October 14, 2020 05:58 pm

Unregistered

A little more progress! To review in more detail... there are two small pins at the back of the spout (projections of the silver plastic coffee spout body) that strike the latches (or noses as ralf referred to them). I tried saw blades but found they were two thick, so I cut two strips of thin flat plastic sheet and slipped these past the latches and behind the pins. The spout was then easily pushed further upwards, but could still not be fully removed. I had already removed the lower part of the spout (press silver button just above the outlet) but the projecting "feet" of the spout body below the front housing is preventing the spout from being pushed upward any farther. I still cannot see the centre screw. the feet appear to be separate mouldings rather than part of the spout body. Is there a way to remove these feet, or does the solution lie elsewhere? Help please!

Claud

October 14, 2020 06:06 pm

Unregistered

Oops! It was compass not ralf who referred to the noses. Apologies to you both rolleyes.gif

Got it done

July 30, 2022 04:10 pm

Unregistered

Hi Everyone

I have been struggled with finding a solution on how to dissemble a model EA8808 that looks similar. Your post is very helpful finally.
Thanks a lot.

Raf