Advanced search

Question about the standby function

orionis

April 21, 2023 03:00 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 65077

Hello, we bought a fully automatic coffee machine today, namely the Philips EP 1220/00 and about this I have a question.
We have set the standby time to 15 minutes and after 15 minutes the machine turns off (all lights off).
Does this mean that the machine is completely off or just on standby? Because this thing consumes quite a bit of power.

And if it is on standby, how do you turn the machine back on? Press the start button again?
We don't quite see . Can someone maybe answer these questions for us? Thank you very much!

Thank you!

MrLed

April 21, 2023 09:40 am

Barista

Member No.: 31782

It's called standby time after all!! so question 1 answered.
If the machine doesn't have a main power switch, I'd clamp a switchable power strip or an intermediate plug with a switch in between.
Page 53, item 5 in the manual says "Press the on/off switch to turn the machine back on."

orionis

April 22, 2023 12:18 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 65077

Thanks for your reply. The phrase ""Press the on/off switch to turn the machine back on." does not refer to the standby function, but after you set the standby function(time) when it is off, you can turn the machine back on.

So and we set 15 min and after 15 min it turns off. Whether it turns off completely or just goes into standby mode you don't know. All the lights go off and if you press any x button there is no coffee. You have to press the "on/off button" and only then will there be coffee. This means that the machine switches off completely after 15 minutes.

In an Amazon review, a user writes the following:

"Instead of going into a form of stand-by state when not used for some time, it simply shuts down completely, with all the useless movements, noises and water consumption."

https://www.amazon.de/gp/customer-reviews/RWY9NZ2RYXN2W/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07Q6P8Z5L

As far as I understand, he writes that the machine switches off completely after the standby time, i.e. there is no "real" standby function.