AEG CaFamosa CF85

Green and red indicators flash alternately

Kremerwohl

May 22, 2016 06:35 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 5230

Hello,
our 15 year old CaFamosa CF85 worries me, since some time I get the following error message in the morning directly after switching on the machine: the 4 green and the 4 red displays flash alternately.
As it says in the description, disconnect the mains plug, plug it in again and switch it on, then the error is gone.
At the beginning this was the case every 4-5 weeks, but now the error is increasing, i.e. the error is now increasing. meanwhile it happens 2 times per week that the displays flash alternately.
Who of you has had this error, or who knows the error, cause of this message.
I would be happy if someone would give me a tip because the machine is definitely too young to dispose of biggrin.gif

Best thanks in advance

Gilbert

numberonedefender

May 22, 2016 07:13 pm

Expert

Member No.: 2650

Is the brewing unit moving? The error display of this machine is unfortunately not meaningful, it can be anything from a simple mechanical problem to a defective heating cartridge...

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)
wechselnde Besetzung in der Werkstatt...
P.S.: Support gibt's im Forum, nicht per PN o.ä.

Kremerwohl

May 22, 2016 07:57 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello, I can't say whether the brewing unit is moving or not, then I'll have to open it. question, I see that immediately, or can you hear that the brewing unit is moving or jammed. Defective cartridge heater, but the coffee is hot as usual.

Greeting

Gilbert

numberonedefender

May 22, 2016 08:11 pm

Expert

If the plug was disconnected and the machine is then restarted, you can clearly hear whether the brewing unit is being moved or not. If the initialization fails, the LEDs flash alternately.
If they are already flashing without the motor turning at all, this often means that heating is not being used. Strange, however, that the error is apparently not permanent...

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)

Kremerwohl

May 27, 2016 05:20 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello numberonedefender,
this morning it was time again, I switch on the machine, it starts its normal operation, then you think it's finished, (initialization ready for rinsing) but then I have the feeling that the machine starts the same operation again, but this time not to the end, but suddenly the green and red LEDs blink alternately. After I have pulled the plug then wait a little, then it works again. Could probably be the brewing unit or?

Greeting

Gilbert

numberonedefender

May 27, 2016 06:25 pm

Expert

If you need several attempts to finish the rinsing process or to return the brewing unit to its original position, then the B.e. should certainly be revised again...
The error could also come from the encoder, but it doesn't sound like it according to your description. If the last revision was > 2 years ago, that would be the first measure now...

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)

Kremerwohl

May 29, 2016 11:11 am

Coffee drinker

Hello numberonedefender,
that we understand each other correctly, I can't get to the rinse when the machine makes its error message again. only after pulling the plug, and another attempt it works until the rinse button indicates. At the first try the green and red LED's will flash after a little rattling and rattling :-).

Greeting

numberonedefender

May 29, 2016 11:33 am

Expert

If the machine rattles around and tries to move the brewing unit to the starting position and then the lights flash alternately, it is probably due to a sluggish brewing unit, so we understand each other quite correctly.

For a somewhat more reliable remote diagnosis, a video of the process with a corresponding background noise would be helpful wink.gif

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)

Kremerwohl

June 06, 2016 02:12 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello again,
I changed the brewing unit, which worked without any problems, as I had already changed it several years ago, I knew all the steps by heart, but I still had the manual next to it. I had decided for a new brewing unit with all attachments (85€) because I had installed only a revised exchange unit with the previous one.
Now after the Be. changed the error with the alternately flashing LED`s is gone.
Now however 1. Problem, strangely enough, the coffee does not taste good, although no other parts have been damaged (e.g. grinder--was changed 2 years ago) there is very little coffee grounds in the marc, the coffee in the marc is very wet, and there is more water in the drip tray than with the old brewing unit. mad.gif
2. Problem The amount of water is no longer correct, first reference OK, second reference switches off after 4 seconds so only one espresso but unwanted. mad.gif

Who knows similar problems, who can give me tips?

I am considering whether I should send the brewing unit back because there is too much water in the drip tray and the coffee in the marc is very wet. Normally the coffee should be nicely pressed, which is also not the case........ mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

I thank you in advance for your help and tips.

Greß

Gilbert

Kremerwohl

June 11, 2016 09:38 am

Coffee drinker

Hello again,
the problems go on, the set water quantity is not correct, the water quantity is set to max., but the quantity leaked is only half an espresso, the machine stops after only 4 seconds.
The quantity of ground coffee is very little, even with a double purchase, although the grinder was changed 2 years ago, and since max 1500 coffees have been made. Turning the grinder also doesn't bring any improvement.
As I said the brewing unit is brand-new NO REVIDED 1 week old ) and since then no decent cup has come here.
pure frustration....
Who can give me some tips.

Best thanks

Gilbert

numberonedefender

June 11, 2016 12:11 pm

Expert

If the cover is broken off in this form, the electronics recognize that there is not enough powder in the brewing chamber. Either the grinding mechanism is dull, dirty or produces too little grinding material due to a lack of motor power (this can be heard in the form of "running noise"...).
This has nothing to do with the brewing unit.
You should dismantle the grinding mechanism and clean it thoroughly. In the case of a double cover, the brewing chamber must be at least 2/3 full with a medium degree of grind, this time as a reference...

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)

Kremerwohl

June 13, 2016 09:11 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello numberonedefender,
for the first time many thanks for your effort to help everyone here in the forum, this is not always a matter of course.
You also helped me a lot with your answers.
In fact the electronics recognizes that there is not enough ground material in the brewing chamber and breaks off the set amount of water, I tried this by letting the machine grind and additionally adding powdered coffee to the little ground material, this coffee and amount of water corresponded exactly to my imagination.
After that I dismantled the grinder and cleaned it completely, but this didn't bring any improvement, the grinder is barely 2 years old, and has thus grinded almost 2000 cups of coffee, this is quite little.

Last question to you - you, as I have already written, I find that despite new (no revised) brewing unit there is a lot of water in the drip tray, as the name clearly says it drip tray, no water collection basin, I have after one (1) reference full 4cl water (measured) in the drip tray, is this quantity normal?
After my complaint at juraprofi.de, where I bought my brewing unit, they told me to remove the unit and send it back to the technicians who would check if the amount of leaked water is OK.

Nevertheless I will order a new grinder now.

Greß

Gilbert from Luxembourg

numberonedefender

June 15, 2016 07:24 am

Expert

With freshly overhauled brewing units I also sometimes observe that a small amount of water collects in the pomace container at the beginning, but 4 cl seems to me to be a lot. Would I also complain.
The number of covers on a grinder is unfortunately zero, you can completely scrap grindstones with a small foreign body in the beans....

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)

Kremerwohl

June 28, 2016 12:29 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello everybody,

After I installed a new brewing unit and replaced the grinder with a completely new one with a quieter engine, the coffee now tastes really good again.
The new brewing unit lost quite a lot of water in the beginning ( 10 covers) what I had already described, but afterwards it was quiet, the water that is now in the drip tray is quite little.
Also the new grinder is worth every cent, much less noise.
Thank you again for your help.

Greuss

Gilbert