Advanced search

NTC temperature sensor defective. Where do you get spare parts?

Error code 9, NTC defective

jasonsan

October 08, 2017 04:27 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 31200

Have a good day,

I bought a Krups EA 8105 for small money, which expired below (is probably not listed in the forum, therefore the information EA8010). I replaced the piston rings and the seal in the brewing unit. Unfortunately the contacts for the cable lugs are torn off on the front side of the NTC board and I tried to solder them again with little soldering experience and a too weak soldering iron. Unfortunately I destroyed - I guess - this NTC (temperature sensor) because the machine goes directly to malfunction after the start (All lamps flash red and the error code 9 is shown on the display inside sad.gif

Now this thing only seems to be glued on, but unfortunately I can't find any spare parts! Do you have any idea where I can buy it or how I can repair it? Or does anyone happen to have a first rate for me? Is there an alternative spare part?

I don't want to give up now and write off the device dry.gif

Many thanks and have a nice Sunday cool.gif

LG Jason

HWS

October 08, 2017 06:46 pm

Expert

Member No.: 24376

Can you post a picture of the sensor? Measure the resistance between both wires with the ohmmeter?

HWS

jasonsan

October 09, 2017 02:49 pm

Coffee drinker

Sorry, a picture makes sense smile.gif

resistances I haven't measured yet, but I can do that. Since it was the only part where I had problems with, I assume that the error is due to this sensor.

LG

Attached Image

HWS

October 10, 2017 10:07 am

Expert

I can't find a new sensor at Krups. That's why you have to replace it with a similar one. And so you measure the resistance of the two wires of the sensor so that you know which sensor you need. Send if possible a picture of the sensor itself.

HWS

jasonsan

October 10, 2017 03:46 pm

Coffee drinker

Thanks for the answer!

>I thought that on the picture is the sensor or do you think I should take the board off and look behind it? There go from the machine motherboard 2 thin blue wires to these "sensor". How am I supposed to measure the resistance exactly, I would have thought that I would measure it directly at the contacts on this sensor board?...

excused, my electronic knowledge is still very modest but I always like to learn smile.gif

HWS

October 11, 2017 09:50 am

Expert

Yeah, those two thin blue wires, that's the sensor. There's gotta be a little plug on there that's plugged into the motherboard. If you hold the two measuring strips to the plug where the wires enter, you will read a certain resistance on the multimeter. Set this to 20 KOhm. There would have to appear then approx. 9-10 kOhm.

HWS

jasonsan

October 11, 2017 05:47 pm

Coffee drinker

I cannot imagine that the wires themselves should represent a sensor.
I found a picture here in the forum that fits my machine and enlarged and marked a section. I think the tiny (SMD!?) crap thing is the sensor and it's gone with me. I can't measure a resistance between wires or contacts either, device stays on 1 (heater has 40,6 Ohm with me, so device tuts).

From the logic point of view I only need a new 2 wire sensor that can be cleverly soldered in between, or am I wrong? I understand this to mean that a temp. sensor delivers a different resistance depending on the temperature!? Are there big differences with such temperature sensors from the resistances, is not enough simply one that runs between bspw -10/+150°?

LG Jason

Links to the topic ..
/forums/...showtopic=15602
/forums/...showtopic=14894

Attached Image

jasonsan

October 11, 2017 06:30 pm

Coffee drinker

You never learn from ...

NTC - Thermistors

https://www.elektronik-kompendium.de/sites/bau/0208031.htm

according to this, something like this might come into question, only the temp. range seems a bit low to me.

NTC-0.2 10K :: NTC resistor, 0.2W, 10 K-Ohm

https://www.reichelt.de/Heissleiter-Varistoren/NTC-0-2-10K/3/index.html?ACTION=3&LA=2&ARTICLE=13553

P.s: I can't integrate the links, only the text remains. I put it in as a quote.

HWS

October 12, 2017 06:34 pm

Expert

There is smd temperature sensor at Conrad.

NTC temperature sensor Epcos B57620C5103J062 -55 to +125 °C 0805 SMD

Must be reirloetened.

HWS

jasonsan

October 13, 2017 10:40 am

Coffee drinker

Thanks! That's great, I ordered this guy yesterday on ebay for 10 pcs 1,50€ + 1,10€ shipping. Of the 10 pcs I should be able to solder one correctly biggrin.gif

I report if it worked then smile.gif

HWS

October 14, 2017 10:06 am

Expert

Make a small solder point where the SMD is to lie. Then grasp the SMD with a small pair of pliers or tweezers and soften the solder point with the other hand and press lightly on it with the pliers. Once the SMD is stuck on one side, soften the other side as briefly as possible with the soldering iron so that the SMD becomes stuck on both sides.
HWS

jasonsan

October 15, 2017 07:33 pm

Coffee drinker

That was the plan...
When I put the piece in between, it suddenly didn't seem so small anymore. So I put the SMD between and with a knife tip some flux at the end what I want to solder and heated the 80 watt soldering iron, then some tin to the tip and briefly between SMD and contact held, with the knife tip the SMD finxiert not so 100% worked laugh.gif>

Looks something... well... unprofessional, but the thing seems to be firmly in it laugh.gif , the resistance is 11,35 kohm, is that too much? The machine doesn't seem to go directly to fault anymore, I screw it together and test it first biggrin.gif

jasonsan

October 16, 2017 10:41 am

Coffee drinker

Good morning,

the machine is working again but the water is not heated enough, the coffee may be lukewarm sad.gif The NTC doesn't seem to fit that well yet.

I had a resistance value of 11.35 Kohm (without cable). Could it be that the SMD with the resistor 10 Kohm is too small, so it reaches too early the resistor where the heating switches off? In another post someone writes something about 110-120Kohm, which seems to be a bit much to me again....

The question still seems to be which resistance is the right one wacko.gif

Danceman

October 17, 2017 06:14 am

Experienced

Member No.: 23992

I'm interested in reading here. At the top HWS had already said that you should measure the resistance. Then you could buy the right NTC, because they are available in many variants.

How it looks like but the NTC is missing from the beginning. There's the question of where he stayed, or when he got lost. You can't measure it without the old NTC, of course. You can only hope that someone has the same heater and can measure the resistance at 20 degrees times. This is then also the order size: Nominal resistance at 20 degrees.

--------------------
Pessimist: Ganz schön dunkel hier...
Optimist: Ich seh ein Licht am Ende des Tunnels...
Realist: Mist, da kommt ein Zug...
Zugführer: Was machen die 3 Deppen auf den Gleisen?

jasonsan

October 17, 2017 08:51 am

Coffee drinker

Moin, yes the old sensor unfortunately got lost, I couldn't find it again.

Yesterday I found an order list from Epcos and a configurator from TDK / Epcos which outputs a characteristic curve for the whole parts (I'll put links here later). I simply estimated that my machine would switch off at approx. 40-50° degrees and I noticed the corresponding resistance of the 10K sensor (I will measure it exactly on the machine if possible). Then I looked which sensor has this resistance at approx. 90° degrees. But now I don't know what temperature should be present at the brewing unit.
Finally I decided for a 0805 Epcos 47K NTC because I'm still a bit worried about the heating element at 100K.

The Links..
(Order Code search, select Tolerance, > Calculate).
"de.tdk.eu/tdk-de/194578/design-support/tools-fuer-entwickler/ntc-thermistoren/ntc-r-t-calculation-5-0"

Here we have the TDK Pdf for 0805 (SMD format) thermistor with which the "ordering code" can be found better.
"www.mouser.com/ds/2/400/SMD_NTCs_NiBarrier_Standard_0805-525623.pdf"

P.s: Since the forum can't handle links here, or anything else, the links are set in "

Seite 123