Advanced search

Buying advice KVA 1.000-1.500€

Surftoni

May 04, 2022 12:42 pm

Unregistered

Hello, dear KVA experts,

this is my first post here in this forum and I hope you can help me. It is, oh wonder, about a KVA.

Briefly about me: I myself am a passionate espresso drinker. Have for it at home a portafilter machine and several mills to tickle the last bit out of the beloved beans. This succeeds on the whole also quite well wink.gif

Probably now the question arises: What does HE want with a MWIP...? If he has already invested so much time and effort (and money) in his equipment. The KVA is simply not about me, but about my father-in-law. And I have no idea whatsoever about MVAs, let alone an overview of the market. Currently, my father-in-law has a Nespresso machine, with which he is very satisfied with the espresso quality. The whole garbage, however, he sees increasingly critical.

And here we come to the (rough) requirements for a MWIP solution:

The most important criterion is the quality of the extract. The main drink is the espresso and its variations (doppio, ristretto,...). Coffees (in the sense of Café Creme and the like) are also sometimes, but rather less, obtained. The reference is, as written, the Nesporesso machine. Good beans we assume just times. Important to me (as his "consultant" wink.gif ) would be that the brewing temperature is correct, and especially not too low. I have already drunk quite a few too cold espressos from KVAs ... With portafilter machines, it is very important that the temperature remains as constant as possible throughout the brewing process, which is why the temperature inertia of the brew head, which is quite massive, is usually used. Furthermore, the integrated grinder should also be good enough to allow a reasonable coffee extraction. 2-3 drinks should also be able to be drawn at a stretch without the quality suffering too much.

Less important is the frothing or automatic creation of milk mix drinks like cappuccinos. These drinks are drunk a lot, but an external (good) milk frother will probably still be used for this. Unless you advise changing this wink.gif reason for the external device is mainly to make cleaning as easy as possible. And that's where the external frother is really convenient. Another reason is that as much "automatic espresso" as possible should be included for the targeted purchase price (1,000 - 1,500€). An elaborate milk frothing technology incl. associated programs probably just costs a lot in the overall package, which would then have to be saved on the coffee part. But maybe this is the milkmaid calculation of an ignorant person. wink.gif

So, I hope I have described reasonably understandably and comprehensively what my concern is. I very much hope that you can help me with this smile.gif

Best regards

marco144

May 07, 2022 10:41 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 53001

Hi mellow.gif
I am also looking for an espresso machine in this budget, that it can make at least 2 coffees at a time. happy.gif

Have a nice day!