Advanced search

Siemens eq9 s500 Error message

Stjepan   

April 17, 2020 10:05 am

Unregistered

Hello
,I have been using the EQ 9 S500 for 8 months and everything went great until today, then this morning I made coffee and got the error message "Exception occured vector M range
check ".

Have the machine the current taken away and again switched on and it

runs against everything.

Kent someone

the error? Thanks

Gast_Markus

November 14, 2020 03:24 pm

Unregistered

Hello Stjepan

Yes I know this error, I know what causes this, and it is 100% reproducible. It is a software bug and I know exactly what the Siemens software developers have forgotten in their Firmware implementation for this EQ series coffee machines. By the way I am a software developer. It would be easy to fix this in a Software Update. So I contacted the Siemens customer service and told them what I found. I have made a video showing how to reproduce this bug and a description what is going on in the software and how to fix. I offered the Siemens customer service to send this information in order to help them fixing this bug. But they refused and told me I had to send the coffee machine to the service. But since I don't want to miss my coffee for a couple of weeks I did not agree to send my machine. In fact it is not necessary since my machine has a wlan online connection and is able to download Software Update automatically.

The bug happens if you are in the menu showing your customized coffee drinks. If the last configured coffee Drink is selected (the one before the empty coffee cup which must be selected to edit a new one) and then you press the big button and you press it a little bit with sliding to the right which simultaneously triggers the rotary for one step to the right, then you immediately get this exception message. You can easily reproduce this by pressing the button and turning the rotary to the right e.g. by using both hands.

This happens because the software developers have forgotten to synchronize the handling of this 2 actions. I don't want to dig into details of software technology right here but I only can recommend you to avoid triggering this two actions simultaneously. So if you press the button in this menu on this last coffee Drink menu item make sure you do not turn the rotary to the right simultaneously.

Best regards
Markus

Gast_Markus

December 19, 2020 04:25 pm

Unregistered

Hello it's me again. Some days ago my home Connect App said my EQ.9 plus connect S700 has got an firmware update. But today this Range Check error again occurred. So unfortunately it has not been fixed in this update and I'm a bit concerned it never will be.

Regards and stay healthy!