Advanced search

Miele CM5500

Catastrophe Guarantee provisions

Mielesprachlos

March 20, 2020 06:23 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 37880

Hello, we have purchased a new Miele 5500 in October 2018. Now the machine was defective, ie. It does not grind beans, the engine goes crazy. A call to the hotline was pleasant, we got a box and sent the machine. Then the shock, repair cost estimate by e-mail and the offer to dispose of the device despite the warranty period for 15 euros. It is said that we, as users, have permanently added water to the bean container, the machine was exposed to improper water in the bean container over a long period of time? Please?!!! A bottomless impudence to insinuate this to customers. waited with brand maintenance means and appropriate coffee preparation, I cannot follow this statement. The service employee did NOT tell me the reason for the damage on the phone. It is not clear to me how a mechanical component made of plastic is destroyed by water ingress. For employees still claims not to be able to refer me to a superior position, talks to his customers as if he had rolled off the changing table right after birth. Under these circumstances I cannot recommend this machine with a half-life of only 17 months in any way. Enclosed are photos of the defective component. Is there the possibility still elsewhere to make its warranty claims. How are your experiences . Premium manufacturer with premium prices and underground service. Unfortunately, special employees are not aware of their responsibility towards their AG.

VG
mad.gif

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vJt4pT-CG8L4mts5NitzriLPOj8nfviA/view?usp=drivesdk

Https://drive.google.com/file/d/165c00_k8_jwlv4-Y9JQ-MMILxkH2lCRT/view?usp=drivesdk

Schlawi

March 20, 2020 08:52 pm

Expert

Member No.: 14628

I would order a set of grinding cones (about 30€) and install them. Then the machine should run again. The
way it looks like, water really
got to it.
Did you order the machine online or bought it at a dealer. Dealers should have more possibilities for warranty.

Mielesprachlos

March 20, 2020 10:19 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello, this machine is new from retail. I can say with absolute certainty that no water has been introduced there by a human being except into the water tank itself. A fault of the buyer is not present. As it looks now, this is not to be credited to the buyer. One feels completely taken for a ride. Nobody can be that stupid.

BlackSheep

March 21, 2020 09:53 am

Experienced

Member No.: 2529

Water has definitely been poured into this grinder
, however that happened.
Since I do not assume that

it happened at Miele

, it must have happened

in your household

. Regards

--------------------
Ich schaue hier nur noch ganz selten vorbei.
In verschiedenen anderen Foren bin ich mit
dem gleichen Nickname zu finden, falls mal
jemand Hilfe benötigt kann ich vielleicht dort
helfen.

Mielesprachlos

March 21, 2020 04:01 pm

Coffee drinker

No water was fed into the machine.

Schlawi

March 21, 2020 09:41 pm

Expert

Member No.: 14628

Only volunteers help here. And we can't help that Miele sees it that way. And according to the pictures, water definitely got into the machine from above and not from below via steam. You can clearly see that in my opinion this is what the inside of the grinding cone looks like.
And we can read. This is also my last contribution to this topic here.

BlackSheep

March 22, 2020 07:40 am

Experienced

Member No.: 2529

Nothing more from me either - is too clear and Miele is right!

--------------------
Ich schaue hier nur noch ganz selten vorbei.
In verschiedenen anderen Foren bin ich mit
dem gleichen Nickname zu finden, falls mal
jemand Hilfe benötigt kann ich vielleicht dort
helfen.

Mielesprachlos

March 25, 2020 10:59 pm

Coffee drinker

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bFASWHIw3e3a3kQ7zIS8lu0wurReScN_/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bHnY0HK_-G5qyXqkIo7-j6NnsBujFA6I/view?usp=drivesdk

After I have now really tied the effort to my leg, the result.
Water ingress cannot be traced. All residues are regrind, oil or fat adhesions

The grinder must have seen very hard water ... But of course the professionals are right and the customer is an idiot. Thank you for the tip to repair yourself