Advanced search

coffee strength at krups ea8250

die_bohne

December 31, 2011 04:08 pm

Unregistered

hello,

i have recently got a krups ea 8250, which also works perfectly. the espresso tastes quite good, but the coffee is a bit watery, which is probably because the amount of coffee (7g?!) remains the same and only more water is used for brewing. i have already set the grinder to the finest level. in the product descriptions there was always the talk that the coffee strength should be individually adjustable - does anyone know where on the machine this can be done?

or is that generally not possible, because the machine is even more fully automatic than the delonghi 23.210 or 22.110?

thank you and a good slip!

W1cht3lm@nn

December 31, 2011 05:59 pm

Experienced

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 7258

The setting certainly refers to the choice between "Espresso" and "Espresso strong". More is not possible, at least from one cup to the next.

If it tastes generally watery, you should check the basic setting.
Lift the cup warming plate and remove the single Torx screw on the plate with the tablet insert. The entire plate with the tablet tray can then be removed.

Produce an "espresso strong" and illuminate the inside with a flashlight. The brewing cylinder should be filled to the brim, so that the white scraper may scrape off a little powder into the "cleaning slide".

If this is not the case, you can readjust the powder quantity with this manual if it is not yet at the stop (created by the member "Frahlingliebhaber"):

Set coffee quantity for Krups XP 7220, 7240, 7250, EA 8050, 8080 etc
Pull mains plug
Remove water tank
Remove coffee cake container
Remove cleaning slider
button "Hold down prog"
reconnect power plug < br> button "prog" can now be released < br>-set the coffee quantity in the menu in 5 steps (1 less to 5 more coffee powder)

>Set one level higher than before, press OK once, unplug the power cord, reconnect all containers and put them back into operation. Now test again whether the amount of powder is sufficient this time and not too much is stripped off.

--------------------
Quick Mill 05000 "Unique Edition", WMF Ecco

die_bohne

January 03, 2012 09:42 pm

Unregistered

good, then I'll get to work. thank you very much!

Knallmayr

January 25, 2014 02:34 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 23363

Hello,

have got the EA8260 recently, what else can you adjust in the submenu?
I set the powder quantity to 4 after the instructions, but after pressing OK there are obviously other choices like z.B.
Water container
Pomace container etc.

what and how can I change something there or what happens there?

Has someone provided instructions or resolution of the settings in the submenus?

Thank you in advance.

rudi-03

January 25, 2014 05:05 pm

Expert

Member No.: 17460

Hello,

since the links are disabled, quote from frahling lover:

--------------------
Gruß Rudi

January 15, 2017 12:02 pm

Unregistered

W1cht3lm@nn

January 16, 2017 03:20 pm

Experienced

Member No.: 7258

--------------------
Quick Mill 05000 "Unique Edition", WMF Ecco

Trude77

March 05, 2019 10:18 am

Unregistered

Hello as already mentioned by others, the cell is not loading store. If the quantity has been selected to 1 and the knob is pressed as confirmation ( OK) then the setting on the Krups EA82... will jump immediately to 3. Which button saves the value? Thanks in advance.

Moo86

March 12, 2019 10:39 am

Unregistered

To save the settings for the coffee powder quantity, then press the steam button. Then the machine dispenses water from the nozzle. I repeated the process until the display said "switch off" in French. I haven't figured out how to save the setting in ages. After half a year I finally figured it out.wink.gif By the way, I have an EA8250 black.

Gast_Bob

October 18, 2019 03:58 pm

Unregistered

Hello after setting the amount of coffee I did the test with the water tank etc.. Then the machine grinded and poured out some coffee. Cycle finished stands there. However, the display remains the same all the time. Can't go back to normal menu

Steffie_DE

December 20, 2019 11:22 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

I would also like to increase the amount of coffee on my Krups EA8178
With the instructions at the top of the page, I get something like a menu displayed, but I can't select or adjust anything, no matter which key
I press.

Anybody got

any ideas?
Thanks a lot

beniamin_l   

June 05, 2023 11:17 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 66269

QUOTE (W1cht3lm@nn @ Monday, 16 January 2017, 14:20)
Then just unplug, assemble and test.
After 1x OK the value is saved.

Hi,

I need to revisit this topic:
On my EA8250 - when I press the steam button it just jumps to the next field. Is it really saved with "just plug pull"? I haven't noticed anything.
Urgently looking forward to your feedback!

BG
Beniamin