A lot of water in the drip tray

Poldi99

March 19, 2017 12:59 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 30166

Hello
I recently purchased a Siemens EQ6 500
For switching on and rinsing I always place a bowl under the spout. Nevertheless, there is a lot of water in the drip tray where the vault container is. With my old machine, a Delonghi Primadonna, the skin was always dry. Therefore my question to other owners of the same machine: is this normal or a defect?

I have changed to Siemens now after many different Delonghi Primadonna. The reasons were: Siemens is much quieter and the coffee is much hotter. Both has annoyed me with the Delonghis always.
The foam seems to me also more beautiful with the Siemens. Coffee tastes the same to us. Although Siemens needs fewer beans for a coffee mug than the Delonhi

Poldi99

March 19, 2017 01:28 pm

Coffee drinker

Here you can see that the water comes from here.
The machine is about one year old and has about 500 coffees on top.

Attached Image

kaffeechris

March 19, 2017 03:12 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Hello Mr. Poldi, flushes flow in the bowl you have positioned under the coffee spout.
The brewing unit returns to the working position and the water is dropped from the non-return valve to the brewing unit directly into the collecting bowl.
This is what is wanted and has a special name for this system, also for other hestellers, "SingleBrew, for mostley Button".

MfG Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

Poldi99

March 19, 2017 04:58 pm

Coffee drinker

Thanks!
Then this is so to speak normal?

kaffeechris

March 19, 2017 06:03 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

A normal thing 1-2cl can then run into the drip pan.

MfG Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

Poldi99

March 19, 2017 06:11 pm

Coffee drinker

I just turned it on and off now. There were about 60ccm in the drip tray. So a very big shot glass full. Does that fit?

Nicolas

February 03, 2019 12:11 am

Unregistered

I also have the EQ.6 in the Plus S100 version and after just switching it on I also have a lot of more than one shot glass in the drip pan. That seems a lot to me...?

Fire Dragon

February 02, 2020 07:00 pm

Unregistered

I have the same problem, after 5 big cafe crema, I get the hint that the bowl is full. I think that's a bit much. My machine is an eq 6 plus s 100

Gast_Anne

February 24, 2020 04:27 am

Unregistered

It is the same with me, too. I've had the machine for a week now and it was like this from the beginning. I have the EQ.6 plus I always put a cup underneath and still the drip tray is always full. This can't be normal ]Am very disappointed. I don't know that from my old Saeco:wub:sad.gif

ReGu

April 28, 2020 08:24 am

Unregistered

Hello
,also I have the Siemens EQ.6 plus s300 for 14 days now. Also my drip tray is full in certain intervals, despite the drip tray for rinsing when switching on and off. I did not know from my Delonghi either. However, I read somewhere that the brewing unit is also rinsed and this water is led into the drip tray.

Gast_Jonas

April 28, 2020 06:34 pm

Unregistered

Since three days the EQ.6 Plus s700 extra class in the house and the collection tray is always full

Rogier

May 28, 2020 12:26 pm

Unregistered

Same here. Siemens EQ.6 s700.
Especially the fact that the coffee dispenser bowl fills with water worries me. In the beginning the coffee dispense was always dry, only containing coffee. Now the sludge is always wet with a layer of water. Is there something leaking, a rubber maybe? Or is this normal?

Gast_Eugen

June 18, 2020 10:49 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Rogier @ Thursday, 28 May 2020, 12:26 pm)
The same goes for me. Siemens EQ.6 s700. especially
the fact that the coffee dispenser bowl fills with water worries me. In the beginning the coffee spout was always dry and contained only coffee. Now the sludge is always wetted with a layer of water. Is there something leaking, maybe a rubber? Or is that normal? </br>

I have exactly the same problem.

Benjamin Breeg

June 19, 2020 07:51 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Guest_Eyes @ Thursday, 18 June 2020, 22:49 hrs)
QUOTE (Rogier @ Thursday, 28 May 2020, 12:26 pm)
Same here. Siemens EQ.6 s700. Especially the
fact that the coffee dispenser bowl fills with water worries me. In the beginning the coffee spout was always dry and contained only coffee. Now the sludge is always wetted with a layer of water. Is there something leaking, maybe a rubber? Or is that normal? </br>

I have exactly the same problem.

Hello, everyone.
We have EQ 6 plus S 300 and the same
problem.

But I can still live with that. Much worse is that the machine seems to be leaking somewhere. We always have a kitchen towel under it. It

gets really dirty. Does

anyone have any ideas or experience

with?

LG.

EQ6plus S700 Tropfschale voll   

September 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Unregistered

Hello, everyone,

the same problem, drip tray full, water runs out during the brewing process, machine was repaired and even replaced, that should be so right! we have never had this with any other machine before!

Many things are strange about the appliance, additional components in the drip tray so that the hot water does not damage the plastic, various covers that have to be removed for cleaning, the brewing group...really no masterpiece of German engineering

Cleaning the brewing group under running water is not sufficient, mechanical cleaning is necessary, coffee residues everywhere in the corners

Coffee is good, not very good, I had expected more from the high pressure, Coffee purchase very slow

Overall: no recommendation, expensive mistaken purchase

mfg Juergen Reinert

Seite 123