Advanced search

Cafamosa brewing group jams

Marina11   

September 21, 2015 10:56 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 27581

Hello dear coffee community,

with my Cafamosa CF100 (type 784) the brewing group is stuck. All 4 red and green lights flash alternately. After lifting the lid, I noticed that both wheels (gearbox and brewing unit) are very stiff - but the brewing wheel seems to be stiffer than the gear wheel and has a black coating. It's almost like the unoiled metal wheels, only the wheels are made of plastic and probably don't need oil.

After switching off the brewing unit wants to shut down in 3 "trials", the first trial is very heavy, the second is a little lighter and the third is still a little lighter, but none of them is successful.

The machine was decalcified and cleaned before everything happened.

Help...! sad.gif The "all-inclusive repair" at AEG is quite expensive... €200! For the money you can buy a new fully automatic machine.

love greetings from Berlin,
Marina

numberonedefender

September 22, 2015 10:12 am

Expert

Member No.: 2650

The repair flat rate is in itself absolutely okay, but with such an old device completely unprofitable. The cheapest option: repair it yourself. Buy the gasket set, take one of the countless repair instructions and thoroughly overhaul the brewing group.
If, however, components such as heating cartridge, grinding mechanism or brewing group drive are defective/worn, you should rather look for a more up-to-date device...

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)
wechselnde Besetzung in der Werkstatt...
P.S.: Support gibt's im Forum, nicht per PN o.ä.

Marina11

September 22, 2015 02:17 pm

Coffee drinker

Thanks for your advice, Manuel!

I just added to my mail that the brewing wheel has a black coating. Do you think such symptoms point to the outdated rubber seals? Then, of course, I'll buy these things and try to fix them myself.

The only problem is that the breast-group is so tightly screwed on that I, as a petite woman (no Teutonin) can't unscrew the screws myself. Unscrewing the case was no problem for me - only the stupid oval head screws on the back wall were nasty.

Must have to ask a neighbor for help.

numberonedefender

September 22, 2015 02:47 pm

Expert

Member No.: 2650

The brewing unit has to be overhauled regularly (every 2-3 years), with new gaskets it is usually already done. With the instructions you can do this, take the red piston seals and overhaul the drainage valve with you...

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)
wechselnde Besetzung in der Werkstatt...
P.S.: Support gibt's im Forum, nicht per PN o.ä.

Marina11

September 23, 2015 01:25 pm

Coffee drinker

Many thanks again, Manuel!

I will buy the new seals now and report as soon as I have individualized everything.

Marina