Advanced search

Krups does not start any more

Krupsy

March 07, 2019 03:48 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 33856

I took a Krups EA 829 E apart and cleaned it completely. This is the second time I've done this.
I had reassembled and started the machine afterwards. After setting the obligatory time, something with maintenance appears in the display for a short time and then a mains plug symbol with two arrows, a short time later the display dims.
I disassembled the machine again, checked all cables and compared them with my photos. Then the switches, the heater, the NTC and all the cables measured out, everything's fine.
Where is the error?

Lou Jacobs

April 18, 2019 07:48 am

Unregistered

With me more and more often "automatic maintenance" "automatic onderhoud" in Dutch in the display and then again the plug symbol.

Had checked all the plugs-->no success.
Whole control board
replaced-->no success.

Continuous cutter

replaced-->no success.

Then

measured

again at the NTC connector (right side

, control board). At the

front side of the heater behind a rubber cover is a very small NTC resistor for temperature regulation mounted on a

small white plate.

There was a crack visible here. This small white circuit board is

glued

to the heater housing

The crack is probably caused by expansion and shrinkage of the

heater housing.

Carefully soldered on both sides of the crack to restore contact with the metal contacts

SUCCESS--> The machine is working properly again
So the error was no or wobbly contact of the small NTC resistor at the heater housing to the two contact surfaces on the circuit board.

Dieter65

December 19, 2020 09:20 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 42415

Hello,
that was exactly `s. Great tip.
I always had the plug symbol in the display (EA8150) and nothing worked.
Now I followed the two white strands, which are routed to the front behind the front, and when pulling lightly on the connector both plugs in hand.
I then clipped the connectors off and soldered the strands directly on. That was it.

Attached Image

Tobra2479

March 27, 2021 02:37 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 43267

HELLO together,

Can you maybe help me too? I'm a complete layman and my KVA Krups EA8298 looks completely different to me from the inside than in the picture up there

Attached Image

Tobra2479

March 27, 2021 02:40 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 43267

Unfortunately, my previous post does not show the full text.
Am absolute layman and would be happy if someone can tell me where the appropriate place is on my machine. Am I even on the right page there? Where is the heater

Gast_Dieter65

March 28, 2021 03:43 pm

Unregistered

Hi,
I think you need to check the two black wires in the middle of the picture. Pull it, with me they were right off.
Greetings

Gast_Andy

April 20, 2021 06:38 pm

Unregistered

Hey, you are on the side of the machine, you have to remove the front and then you have the same picture in front of you. Unclip the front and pull the plug out of the circuit board at the top left. Move the front to the right, then you have full access to the heating lump smile.gif. Good Luck wink.gif

asdfgqw

April 25, 2021 03:14 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gast_Andy @ April 20, 2021 06:38 pm)
Hey, you are on the side of the machine, you have to remove the front and then you have the same picture in front of you. Unclip the front and pull the plug out of the circuit board at the top left. Move the front to the right, then you have full access to the heating lump smile.gif. Good Luck wink.gif

QUOTE (Gast_Andy @ April 20, 2021 06:38 pm)

user posted image
Mine are like this, I have the same problem with the plug icon and the cleaning mode on loop.
Should I weld the cables to the metallic thing?
thank you!

Artic

May 01, 2021 11:37 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 43511

Hi, I have the same problem. My krups ea815070 was on a autocleaning loop with the icon plug. I opened it and 1 of the NTC cables were unplugged. I glued it with hot tin(?) and now the pump doesn’t even start, it doesn’t even go again at least to the autocleaning mode sad.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif the plug icon pops up immediately and no button works. I checked every plug, and everything is plugged and no leaks. wacko.gif

Do you guys know something?
Thank you!!

Gast_Robert

May 02, 2021 03:58 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Lou Jacobs @ Thursday, April 18, 2019, 07:48 AM)
With me more and more often "automatic maintenance" "automatic onderhoud" in Dutch in the display and also dan times again the plug symbol.

Had all connectors checked-->no success.
Replaced entire control board-->no success.
Replaced flow meter-->no success.
Then measured resistance again at NTC connector (right side, control board).
On the front side of the heater behind a rubber cover is a very small NTC resistor for temperature regulation mounted on a small white board.
There was a crack here. This small white board is glued to the heater housing.
Probably the crack is caused by expansion and shrinkage of the heater housing.
Carefully soldered on both sides of the crack to restore contact to the metal contacts.

SUCCESS--> Machine works again perfectly.

The error was no or loose contact of the small NTC resistor at the heater housing to the two contact surfaces on the circuit board.

Great tip. With my Krups it was exactly the same. Soldered again and the machine works fine again. Thanks a lot

Gast_Elke

May 30, 2021 02:39 pm

Unregistered

Thanks for the tip.
I own a Krups Evidence OTC automatic espresso coffee machine EA 890 810/70A-3518 After two years appeared with me the message: "Unplug the machine and plug it back in. Or use your app." After that, nothing worked at all. With the tip of the community I dismantled the cover at the top, then the housing at the back and then the front with control panel. This was quite easy as the screws are all the same. I only unplugged the silicone hoses in two places and left the rest on. This went quite well if you just lean the front to the side. The NTC (thermal resistor) also came off after some light shaking. I guess the contact was no longer good. I immediately cut off the contacts and stripped the cable and soldered the ends to the contacts of the brewing unit. After the reassembly came the surprise and the joy, because everything went again without problems. Thank you!

Goo

January 12, 2022 09:59 pm

Unregistered

Very helpful posts here, thank you very much!

Disassembly was a bit tricky (instructions here helped

, although not exactly the same model).

With a not too weak soldering iron and fresh solder, the solder tags could be soldered directly again.
After that, the machine worked promptly.

Micstar

February 22, 2022 06:17 pm

Unregistered

Thank you very much. We had a very similar problem and were able to fix our machine with a little soldering.

Thanks once again

Gast_Nick   

March 25, 2022 11:41 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Lou Jacobs @ Thursday, April 18, 2019, 07:48 AM).
With me more and more often "automatic maintenance" "automatic onderhoud" in Dutch in the display and also dan times again the plug symbol.

Had all connectors checked-->no success.
Replaced entire control board-->no success.
Replaced flow meter-->no success.
Then measured again resistance at NTC connector (right side, control board).
On the right side of the heater behind a rubber cover is a very small NTC resistor for temperature regulation mounted on a small white board.
There was a crack here. This small white board is glued to the heater housing.
Probably the crack is caused by expansion and shrinkage of the heater housing.
Carefully soldered on both sides of the crack to restore contact to the metal contact points.

SUCCESS--> Machine is working properly again.

The error was no or loose contact of the small NTC resistor on the heater housing to the two contact surfaces on the board .

Thanks!

Gast_Dieter

May 29, 2022 05:27 pm

Unregistered

Same mistake, flags soldered back on, fits ????????

Seite 12