HD 8768 Coffee flows too slowly

Coffee flows slowly despite new pump

Fritz15

December 17, 2018 01:00 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 33334

Hello,
we have a Saeco HD 8768/01, about 6 years old, it ran perfectly until now. It was always serviced (grease, degrease, decalcify).
Recently the coffee (or even just hot water) runs very slowly, at least 3 times as slowly as usual. The pump noise is very loud.
I have checked all hoses (all lime free / passage). I installed a new pump and expansion valve. Result also much too slow, estimated twice to 3 times as long as before. Sound "relatively" loud. The flow meter is easy to use.
Thereafter I separated the inlet and outlet from the pump, put a hose connected to the pump outlet into a cup and placed a water tank under the water inlet hose. Result: the same!
I cannot imagine that the new pump is also defective. However, when unpacking the pump, a few drops of water came out of the pump when removing the inlet and outlet plugs. So you bought a used pump?
I measured the voltage at the two plugs (with the pump disconnected) to the pump: 215 V! voltage in the socket approx. 228 V. Could that be the cause? What is the significance of the small (approx. 5 x 5 mm) blue component in one of these two cables?

Does anyone have an idea? What to do, what to control?

Thanks in advance,

B.

Kaffeepoint

December 21, 2018 08:01 pm

Advanced

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 28864

Is the small hole in the flowmeter free? Put the hose down at the pump inlet, put a water tank on it, water has to flow there. Filter in the tank? Get the fuck out of here. The blue part is a thermal protection and protects the pump from heat death.

--------------------
KVA:WMF 800 ST: Lelit Bianca PL 162