Advanced search

Caffeo Solo - water quantity regulator without function

nogfe

January 17, 2022 10:36 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 48929

Hello all,

Have a Caffeo Solo which hardly makes coffee. It always comes out about 20ml of coffee.
No matter how I turn the water volume control, it remains at about 20 ml.
It is also irrelevant whether I press on 1 or 2 cups, the amount that comes out in front is always about 20ml. I am somewhat at my wit's end.
Machine is decalcified, clean and otherwise runs smoothly. When rinsing, the amount of water has actually not changed much, only when drawing coffee.

Drainage valve is new and nothing runs into the bowl anymore. I can rule out the problem.

The only remaining cause of error is the controller itself or the flowmeter.

But before I replace one part after the other, here's the question in the round, whether someone had this before.

Greetings and thanks for the help

Schlawi

January 17, 2022 11:44 am

Expert

Member No.: 14628

Hi,

Powder is ground? Does the bean LED flash after the 20ml?

nogfe

January 17, 2022 02:48 pm

Coffee drinker

Hello

yes, the powder is ground and goes into the brew group.

The symbol of the bean(s) flashes after the 20ml, that's right. I have not noticed it before.
Does the flashing have any meaning ?

Greetings

nogfe

January 17, 2022 03:40 pm

Coffee drinker

So, now I have again opened the machine and looked.
Then again carefully reassembled and filled with beans, because I saw in the manual that the flashing is a lack of beans.

Now the beans are recognized and the amount is correct again. There must be something happened when assembling after the drainage valve change.

But how on earth does the machine detect the amount of beans ? I could not see any sensor. In any case, the quantity is now OK again.

Thanks for the tip........ Helped me super, that was the solution.

Schlawi

January 17, 2022 03:52 pm

Expert

Member No.: 14628

Hi, it is normal that it takes 2-3 coats. The powder channel must first be filled.
There is a metal tab on the brew group. This actuates a switch when there is enough powder in the brew group.
If too little powder is ground, then it does not press the tab to the switch. The machine recognizes that too little powder has been ground and stops the brewing process.