Mickey

November 25, 2013 11:21 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 21838

Hello!

>My device is only two months old.
I clean the brewing unit every week.
Today it suddenly didn't come out as easily as usual, and now I can't use it at all.

Had any of you already had this problem or does anyone know a trick?

Heartfelt thanks in advance,

Greß

Mickey

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

November 25, 2013 11:40 am

Expert

Member No.: 22501

Probably the device is not in the basic position... completely off at the main switch and switch it on again... Press standby so that the appliance switches on... the machine then moves to the basic position so that the brewing unit can be used again.

Mickey

November 25, 2013 11:48 am

Coffee drinker

Hello Martin!

Many thanks for your quick answer!
I followed it right away.

The machine then wants to reset the time again, reports that the brewing group is removed, but then I still can't use it.

It brings something if I wait a little?

Greß, Mickey

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

November 25, 2013 12:05 pm

Expert

No, waiting doesn't help. The brewing unit must also be in the starting position for insertion... Is that her?

Mickey

November 25, 2013 12:14 pm

Coffee drinker

Oops, I didn't think of that - but unfortunately I don't know how to determine it either... huh.gif

greeting, Mickey

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

November 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Expert

You probably have the brewing unit with the lever that you have to swivel to take it out... unlock it and turn the round holder for the drive with a suitable object until it reaches the stop where the lower brewing chamber is not at the top of the brewing cylinder but is swivelled completely away again...lever then back on and then insert... should nothing turn after the unlocking... please no force... then there's still a safety device built in

Mickey

November 25, 2013 02:17 pm

Coffee drinker

Yes, the lever cannot be turned back - I always did this only after inserting the brewing group.

May be I can turn the lower brewing chamber from below with a lever, or am I wrong?

In any case, it still doesn't work. I'm too doof.

I'll keep trying and thank you very much for being on the spot so quickly, Martin!

Mickey

November 25, 2013 03:12 pm

Coffee drinker

Now I have phoned the hotline (Austria).

There I was told that the initialization of the VA cannot take place if the brewing group is not in the machine.

I have now carefully examined the VA - the position of the gearwheel is such that I cannot reach it by turning the drive mount.

In retrospect I can think of an explanation:
I was distracted yesterday when I actually wanted to remove the drip tray and pressed the reference button instead of the standby button - for 180 ml, no cup to grab far and wide. To avoid flooding, I did not cancel the reference with exit, but with the standby key. The drive might have gotten stuck in the wrong place. And I can't fix that myself. mad.gif

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

November 25, 2013 06:23 pm

Expert

Hello,

there would also be the possibility to simulate the presence of the brewing unit by pressing the corresponding microswitch, so that the device goes into the basic position.

Or to manually unlock the lever lock on the brewing unit, in case the brewing unit goes in almost like this, but on an almost new machine, and if you are not familiar with the machine, both would not be so good.

Mickey

November 25, 2013 06:38 pm

Coffee drinker

You're right, Martin - unfortunately I don't know where the microswitch or the lever lock is.

I called the hotline again - the gentleman said, my abort action should not matter. He was rather of the opinion that the drive could be defective - he would have had such a case recently. - Nürnberg has not contacted him yet.

Your remarks were very helpful for me, because I was or could be a little bit more closely occupied with my machine.

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

November 25, 2013 06:47 pm

Expert

It is also nice if you still have warranty on your device, but Nivona devices are very reliable and durable.

Mickey

November 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Coffee drinker

That's true - but if I have to send the device, that doesn't make me happy.
Unfortunately my cellar is so small that I only keep the original packaging for about a month. That was probably too short this time. But let's see.

I will tell you how it goes on - maybe someone will be interested.

Thanks again, Martin!

Mickey

December 26, 2013 05:35 pm

Coffee drinker

Short interim report:

On November 26th, one day after my call to the Austrian hotline, I checked because I didn't get an answer for 24 hours. - I would like to send the device in for repair, it would be picked up by GLS on Nov. 28th.

On Nov. 28th I waited - nobody came.
On Nov. 29th no person from GLS appeared - that was now a Friday.
Monday, Dec. 2nd - again no one.

Tuesday, Dec. 3rd.I called the hotline again to find out what was going on, and after some time I got the answer that GLS had gone to the wrong address, nobody there had had a VA to pick up, and so the order had been cancelled.

In the afternoon of Dec. 3 my device was finally picked up - and since then I've been waiting. My coffee beans dry out...

When I called the gentleman from the hotline on Dec. 2, I expressed my hope to get the machine back before the turn of the year. The Lord thought this was a joke. But I don't think that was a joke.

Coming Monday, Dec 30th, I'll call again.

How long do such repairs take on average? I suspect that my VA first had to be sent to Vorarlberg and then to Nuremberg, the way back will look similar, which surely extends the matter.

Greß, Mickey

Mickey

December 26, 2013 05:37 pm

Coffee drinker

In the post preview, my post is always properly formatted - but as soon as I send it, all paragraphs are gone.

I'm sorry - it's not my fault if the post is not easy to read.

Greß, Mickey

Mickey

December 30, 2013 02:21 pm

Coffee drinker

Today I contacted the hotline and had to learn that my device had already been shipped on Dec. 11 WITHOUT informing me! -

Ostenly GLS would have tried to deliver the VA three times - I didn't receive any information about that either. -

Now the VA is in some central warehouse - let's see when I get it. -

I'm quite outraged about this mess, because already at the pick-up nothing worked - see above. -

Greetings, Mickey

Seite 12