Advanced search

Water consumption EQ6 plus s700 extreme

crisi   

March 13, 2018 06:05 pm

Unregistered

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask why there is so much water in the drip tray of this fully automatic EQ6 plus s700 and why the coffee ester/cake gets so wet and gosgy?

If you switch on the machine and make two coffees, half the water container is empty and the machine writes Empty drip tray because at least a quarter of the water container is inside the drip tray.

If you have visitors and want to make 4-5 coffees, you have to empty the drip tray and refill the water completely. That can't be normal please!
Is there any attitude against it or what's going on??

Thank you!!!

Gast_Andre

April 22, 2019 02:04 pm

Unregistered

Also
have
an eq6 700 since easter. same problem. water bowl empty, then 1 coffee cover and 50/60ml water in it. Pomace
more mushy than firm paddies. that can't be ok. i just called amazon and returned. before i had delonghi prima donna avant. fixed padds, no water in the bowl. completely nonsensical. if the new one is like that, it goes back and celebration evening. known they also have and these problems not. also fixed padds and no water in the bowl.
the rinsing water i catch in an extra cup. Oh yes, after bridging the switches I saw with the coffee cover
that the water comes out after ejection of the paddy to the back in a swap. So the brew group is sown from behind. logically, the drip pan is also wet from below.
wacko.gif

Gast_Adam

March 22, 2020 12:35 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (crisi @ Tuesday, 13 March 2018, 18:05)
Hello to all!

I would like to ask you why there is so much water in the drip tray of this fully automatic coffee maker EQ6 plus s700 and why the coffee residue/cake gets so wet and soggy?

If you turn on the machine and make two coffees, half of the water container is empty and the machine writes "Empty drip tray" because at least a quarter of the water container is in the drip tray.

If you have visitors and want to make 4-5 coffees you have to empty the drip tray and fill up the water completely. This can't be normal, is
there any attitude against this or what's going on?

Thank you very much!

I have the same problem. Did you find an answer?

Espressoliebhaber

April 19, 2020 04:38 pm

Unregistered

I have exactly the same problem. But I can't find a suitable answer.

Gast_Sarah

May 14, 2020 03:40 pm

Unregistered

Hello, has anyone found a solution yet? I've had the machine since yesterday and the same problem. The coffee grounds are totally muddy and I felt half of the water tank running into the bowl. sad.gif
Best regards

Tor79

July 03, 2020 06:56 pm

Unregistered

I have a similar issue with an EQ8 (5 years old). We have replaced the brewing unit, and the coffee is more or less try again (no mud puddle any more) but between the brew unit and the machine is still wet an dirty. I assume its the connection between the brewing unit and the machine (there are to little pipes on the brewing unit, one fixed - fresh water in the brewing unit and the other one moving in the coupling and then in to the machine - with coffee and that's it where the leak is coming from, "i think" I am not an expert.

We had for weeks the same amount of grounded coffee and water in the smaller container (where normally only should be the coffee) - this is now restored but also coffee pads are still slightly wet. I believe the reason is that the connection is not sealed enough, which would explain the dirt and the amount of ground coffee in the drip tray.

any thoughts on this theory? not good in explaining and also English is not my 1st language. so please forgive me for any spelling or grammer mistakes. smile.gif

Looking forward on your thoughts on this