Advanced search

System error 14

System error 14

Gast_Daniel

February 07, 2016 09:52 am

Unregistered

Hello,
have now 1 week the machine and if I want to have my latte in the morning he constantly shows me the error. According to the hotline, I'm supposed to clean the coffee bean container so all the beans come out. I already have more coffee beans in the vacuum cleaner than in the machine.
The machine takes half an hour until I finally get my coffee, even during running operation when it picks up beans it shears them off and shows me the error.
Does anyone have experience with it and a solution?

February 07, 2016 10:11 am

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gast_Daniel @ Sunday, 07. February 2016)February 2016, 09:52)
Hello,
have now 1 week the machine and if I want to have my latte in the morning he constantly shows me the error. According to the hotline, I'm supposed to clean the coffee bean container so all the beans come out. I already have more coffee beans in the vacuum cleaner than in the machine.
The machine takes half an hour until I finally get my coffee, even during running operation when it picks up beans it shears them off and shows me the error.
Does anyone have experience with it and a solution?

Achso I forgot is a Melitta Caffeo Varianza CSP

Gast_Daniel

February 07, 2016 02:21 pm

Unregistered

I guess nobody's got a solution.

March 11, 2016 09:44 am

Unregistered

I have the same mistake. I don't think it's the bean container, though. During the heating up process the error comes, seems to be rather due to the heating unit.

Gast_Armin

February 07, 2018 03:55 pm

Unregistered

System error 14 is corrected by emptying the coffee bean container and cleaning Mahler with a wooden stick or similar. If this does not help, suck out the container in the area of the grinder with the rod suction.
Then it should work again.

biggrin.gif

Gast_Uschi

February 07, 2018 11:16 pm

Unregistered

Yes, sir,

Schueppi

March 15, 2018 12:19 am

Unregistered

The suction didn't work. Finally I removed the lid from the bean container switching mechanism (or whatever the thing is called) and behold. A coffee bean prevented the mechanical shifting. This is why the machine was always switched off with system error 14 during the start-up process. After removing the bean, everything works as usual again.

Gast_Birgit   

April 08, 2020 08:37 am

Unregistered

Great, removing the last bean helped me too! Some weeks ago we sent the machine to Melitta for repair because of the same error! Now I hope that was it .....

Bahnbulli1966

May 08, 2020 05:00 pm

Unregistered

Hello, our machine is now 4 years old. The system error 14 occurs again and again at irregular intervals. Sometimes it is enough to clean the shaft to the grinder with a blunt object. In most cases I take the spoon off the upper shaft and suck the remaining beans out of the grinder with a clean upholstery nozzle. The most successful way to do this is to switch the machine on again, as the bean dosage then tries to move slightly. The jammed bean is then released for a short time and removed by the vacuum cleaner. In rare cases, the procedure must be repeated 1 - 2 times.

GAST Sandra

May 12, 2020 05:23 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Schueppi @ Thursday, March 15, 2018, 00:19 hrs)
The suction didn't help. Finally I removed the lid from the bean container switching mechanism (or whatever the thing is called) and lo and behold. A coffee bean prevented the mechanical shifting. Why during the startup process the machine always switched off with system error 14. After removing the bean everything works as usual again.

Hello, can anyone tell me how to open the lid of the bean container switching mechanism ?
On my machine, the bean seems to be jammed too. Cleaning, vacuuming and shaking didn't help.

Gast_Uwe

May 19, 2020 02:38 pm

Unregistered

Hello I have this Nerfige problem also had
, since I use sowiso only one type of beans, I have these two
sliders

simply rausgebaut.zum 1 the beans sometimes do not slip

after

, and 2 can also nothing more jam

Gast_Uwe

May 19, 2020 02:41 pm

Unregistered

sorry question still answer.
it is a centrax screw withen on the
lid.

open up, pull up the lid, now comes my

variant.

the two sliders out, and no more stress

GAST Sandra

May 21, 2020 09:58 am

Unregistered

@Guest Daniel : Is the central screw under the black cover ?

AS

August 07, 2020 04:20 pm

Unregistered

Thanks a lot for the solution suggestions.

I have a barista TS. Unfortunately the system error 14 is not documented in the manual.
I did not have to empty the bean compartment. But the upper
cover

, which covers the mechanism of the sliders for the bean compartments with a small screw. There a small bean got stuck in the mechanism. But you could only see it and could only reach it after I

had

unscrewed the cover

Bean out and everything worked fine again. So, thanks again for the information.

drdino

September 02, 2020 04:42 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 40408

Just putting a reply together in case someone has this in the future.

I had this error after the machine hadn't been used for about 30 days. Internet knowledge seemed to indicate that this relates to the bean select/grinder mechanism and suggested a cleanout should sort it out. I vacuumed everything out but the error was still there. At that point I decided to bite the bullet and tear the machine up.

This happened in the morning before I had my first dose, so I had to take my old Mokka pot out (which doesn't work on induction hobs, as I found out):
user posted image

After I disassembled it (took a bit of time as there is a hidden screw that is not immediately evident), I got to the hopper and grinder system. I cleaned everything out again but the error was still present.

I then removed loads of bits, connectors etc to get the bean select system completely out and I reckoned it was the actual motor/gears/shaft that had jammed, which was not easily accessible. Removed the motor assembly cover off (a few clips around its case), applied power to the motor directly and it wouldn't move. Pulled the motor out, applied power and it moved freely. I then moved the gear mechanism by hand, reinstalled the motor and powered it up again; it now moved without an issue.

Buttoned the machine up and it powered-up without an error. smile.gif

Hope this helps someone.

Pictures etc:
Follow this guide to get the basic panels off:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Melitta+Caffeo+Solo+grindstones+replacement/125264

With the addition of this particular screw that's hidden under the ground coffee chute:
user posted image

What you see once you take the top panel off:
user posted image

Location of clips on top panel so you can target them individually (I used a trim toolkit for these)
user posted image
user posted image

To take the left side panel out (the one with the on/off switch) you need to unplug this connector from a circuit board that's mounted on it (along with a water pipe, but that's obvious):
user posted image
user posted image

Side view for reference:
user posted image

Seite 12