Advanced search

Leaking Caffeo Barista TSP

Hot water leak from top of machine.

Bonefish Blues

August 08, 2021 05:30 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 44002

Hi, can anyone offer me some advice on my machine?

My machine has just developed a leak. It leaks from the top of the left hand side of the machine, next to the warming plate, coming through the seam at the top at its middle point. At the moment there is only a little water, perhaps 5ml, but I believe it is increasing in volume.

The water is hot and it is only water, not coffee. It runs down the side of the machine and forms a pool below it. I also get a very small amount of steam from the very left side of the metal cup warmer at the top, where there is also a little calcium deposited.

I am happy to try to repair it myself, having worked a little on my Siemens S20 machine beforehand. I've looked on the internet for a simple guide to opening the machine, but I cannot find one, so can I ask:

Firstly, what is the likely source of the leak? I have seen a diagram which made me wonder if it was the 3-way junction pipe which might be at this point?

Secondly, can anyone link me to a guide to opening the machine?

Many thanks in advance - it's a great machine, and the dual hoppers for beans are particularly helpful, I find.

Edited to add link to image of the leak:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QcnRhzU84rtKQZiu8

Bonefish Blues

August 10, 2021 11:30 pm

Coffee drinker

Update: I found a video which shows reassembly, so I should be able to disassemble it tomorrow and hopefully find the source of the leak

Bonefish Blues

August 16, 2021 03:12 pm

Coffee drinker

Machine diagnosed and fixed - it was the 4-way valve at the top of the machine that was defective, causing water and steam to run under the top of the machine and into the side panel, and subsequently down the outside. Total cost less than £10 biggrin.gif

Sander Bergmman

January 08, 2022 05:39 pm

Unregistered

Goodmorning, we have the same problem. Can you please send the link to the video that shows how to open the machine? Our email is prive@sandex.nl Thank you.

Bonefish Blues

July 16, 2023 05:38 pm

Coffee drinker

After a couple of years of good operation my Melitta disgraced itself again!
It started leaking some water a few days ago and I was just preparing to open it and investigate again when it has simply become dead, not showing any life and won't switch on. (It stopped mid-brew just after it had ground the dose)

I may have a look if someone can identify that it has a safety cut-off or similar function?

More likely I will just sell it for spares - a shame because it's a good machine.