Advanced search

Water drain

Water in the drip tray

Gast_Natascha   

February 07, 2023 06:27 pm

Unregistered

After the coffee is finished, the machine ejects water for a short steam/rinsing process. This runs into the rear part of the drip tray. But there is no info that the container is full of water.
Is this normal? I have the coffee machine solo from melitta
Hope auf auf aufklärendecantwort.
Lg na:wub:

Molossus

April 20, 2023 10:25 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 65064

Hello,

It is normal for the Melitta Solo coffee machine to perform a brief rinse cycle after the coffee is enjoyed. This cleans the coffee system and removes any coffee residue in the machine.

It is also normal for water to flow into the back of the drip tray, as this is where the rinse water is drained. However, it is recommended that you check the water level in the tank regularly to avoid any risk of overflow.

As for the lack of indication that the tank is full of water, this depends on the model of Melitta Solo coffee machine you have. Some machines are equipped with a water level indicator, while others are not.

In any case, it is recommended to regularly check the water level in the tank and refill it if necessary to avoid any interruption in the preparation of coffee.

Finally, it is important to regularly descale the coffee machine to maintain optimal performance and prolong its life. You can refer to your machine's user manual or the manufacturer's instructions on how to descale.

I hope this answers your question. Please feel free to ask me more questions if you have any.

Sincerely.