Advanced search

SIemens EQ 6 Cleaning problem

Automatic machine crashed during cleaning. flaw

Lyudmil Tserovski

September 12, 2016 09:45 am

Unregistered

Hello dear coffee friends,
I have the following problem with my Eq 6: during the cleaning procedure the error message appears: refill carbonated water or change filter. After restart, the same error always came again. I noticed that the pump was defective, I replaced it. Besides that I changed the flowmeter and cleaned the ceramic valve. However, the message keeps coming back and visually I don't see water being drawn.
Now I'm slowly desperate how I'm going forward, so I'm very grateful for your suggestions!
Best regards,
Lyudmil

kaffeechris

September 14, 2016 06:00 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Hello, take out the filter if one is inside, then take out the manual and the filter from the program "Deactivate"
Adjust water hardness to your water hardness, available at the waterworks.
After that draw the water in the hot water sericyl electrolysis.

I would also have the descaling program run.
But please only with descaler based on amidosulfonic acid.
Durgol, Crest... is available via WWW or in trade.

MfG Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

Lyudmil Tserovski

September 15, 2016 09:25 am

Unregistered

Hello Chris,
first thanks for your answer!
Filter was never installed.
The problem is that every time you start the machine, it goes automatically in the cleaning mode before the first interruption, you hear the valve turn, the pump starts once or twice, then a while nothing happens, and then appears: "refill carbonated water or change filter...."
And I see viesuell that no water is drawn through the pipes, although, as written, no blockage can be observed any more. I claim that the machine should be somehow resetet, as for example with new purchase. (I have tried to reset the settings, but it didn't work.)

I would be happy if you or someone else has more ideas!
MfG,
Lyudmil

HWS

September 15, 2016 06:40 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 24376

Good evening,

I don't know what's on an EQ 6 for adjusting. However, EQ 5 has the following reset. I don't know if it works with the EQ 6.

When the machine is switched on, set the cup selection button to <small Esspresso>. Pull the powder drawer. Switch off the machine at the main switch. Press the Off and Start buttons at the same time. Turn the main switch back on with the other hand. As soon as the display shows "Close drawer", release Off and Start. Then the device is reset. Try it.

If the keyboard is like the EQ 7, then the reset goes like this:

switch off the device. Open the powder drawer. Press the C key and the down arrow key simultaneously and switch on the unit. Do not release the keys until only the left key LED lights up. Reset is done and device should work again.

Greeting HWS

kaffeechris

September 15, 2016 08:51 pm

Expert

Unfortunately you didn't tell me if the filter is "no " in the selection program.
As I think you should do a filter change and then the filter has to be rinsed. Therefore, fill in the message "carbonated water".

MfG Chris

--------------------

Lyudmil Tserovski

September 16, 2016 08:40 am

Unregistered

Hello everyone,
Chris, HWS, many thanks for your hints. Filter wasn't in it. I tried again last night. I screwed the machine together, started it but left out the water tank. When the request came to replace the water tank, I was in the menu, and water hardness simply changed, from 4 to 1 (we use rather only deionized water). Then I chose cleaning, put in the water tank and the machine ran. Then I decalcified it again (decalcifier based on amidosulfonic acid) and everything went well. Now it's going well again and coffee is tapping it too smile.gif.
I think the primary problem was that the flowmeter didn't work properly any more, so the machine gave more power to the pump and burned it down. Well, we'll see when the next procedure comes smile.gif. For info, in 1 year she has made about 3000 cups.
I would like to thank everyone very much and now the moderators can close the topic if you like.
best regards,
Lyudmil

kaffeechris

September 16, 2016 08:37 pm

Expert

Thanks for your feedback.

MfG Chris

--------------------

Gast_Irene

January 07, 2019 05:17 pm

Unregistered

Hello! I have exactly the same problem with the EQ.9 connect s900
when changing the filter, the automat did not finish the process. Now comes the error message Fill in carbonated water or remove filter. Even if I remove the filter, nothing happens and the water comes out somewhere in the back, and finally out under the machine. Unfortunately I can't get any further in the menu, the error message remains.
Possibly someone can help
many thanks

Udutce

July 14, 2019 11:39 am

Unregistered

Hello, I also have the problem with the display "Add non-carbonated water or remove filter". Has anyone found a solution yet?

Gast_Jutta

August 13, 2019 09:59 am

Unregistered

I have the same problem with our new machine....
She brews a cup of coffee in the morning... then this
.... With a

lot of frizzle...take it off the power, everything out and back in,

then

she goes

I think there's air in the system somewhere... right?

Gast_Julian

September 15, 2019 08:26 pm

Unregistered

@ Irene : Did you solve the problem? I have exactly the same error message.
I'd appreciate an answer

Schilli74   

March 30, 2020 06:43 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Lyudmil Tserovski @ Friday, 16 September 2016, 08:40)
Hello everybody
,Chris, HWS, thank you very much for your hints. Filter was not inside. I made another attempt last night. Screwed the machine together, started it but left out the water tank. When I was asked to put the water tank back in, I was in the menu, and water hardness was simply changed from 4 to 1 (we use deionized water only). Then I selected cleaning, inserted the water tank and the machine was running. Then I descaled it again (decalcifier based on amidosulfonic acid) and everything went well. Now it works quite well again and it also smile.giftaps coffee .
I think the primary problem was that the flowmeter didn't work properly at some point, so the machine gave more power to the pump and burned it down. Well, we'll see when the next procedure comessmile.gif. FYI, she made about 3000 cups in a year.
Thank you all very much and now the moderators can close the topic if you like.
With best regards,
Lyudmil

Thanks for the tip: I
removed the water tank in the switched off state as described. Machine then
switched on
without the water tank
. Machine has asked for water tank. After inserting it, it immediately went into the rinsing process, because the error occurred in my descaling program. I immediately did a complete descaling (Calc'nClean), put in the water filter and now (oh wonder) it is working again.
wink.gif biggrin.gif

YLNDVRC

April 23, 2020 12:20 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Schilli74 @ Monday, 30 March 2020, 18:43 hrs)
QUOTE (Lyudmil Tserovski @ Friday, 16 September 2016, 08:40 a.m.)
Hello everyone
,Chris, HWS, thank you very much for your comments. Filter wasn't in it. I gave it another shot last night. Bolted the machine together, started it, but left the water tank out. When I was told to put the water tank back in, I was in the menu, and water hardness was simply changed from 4 to 1 (we use deionized water only). Then I selected cleaning, inserted the water tank and the machine was running. Then I decalcified it again (amidosulfonic acid-based descaler) and everything went well. Now it works quite well again and it also smile.giftaps coffee .
I think the primary problem was that the flowmeter didn't work properly at some point, so the machine gave more power to the pump and burned it down. Well, we'll see when the next procedure comessmile.gif. FYI, she made about 3000 cups in a year.
Thank you all very much and now the moderators can close the topic if you like.
With best regards,
Lyudmil

Thank you for the tip, I
removed the water tank in the switched off state as described. Machine then switched on without the water tank. Machine asked for water tank. After putting it in, it went straight into the rinsing process, because the error occurred in my descaling program. I immediately did a complete descaling (Calc'nClean), inserted the water filter and now it is (oh wonder) working again.

wink.gif biggrin.gif

Same mistake. I even called the service department and made an appointment to pick it up. I just put a descaling tablet into the water tank. And it goes woooooo smile.gifagain )biggrin.gif

June 25, 2020 08:04 am

Unregistered

Hello everyone, I saved myself the trouble of opening it. Something else was responsible for the message! -> The hose of the brewing unit was twisted in itself and thus hardly permeable, although the hose clamps look very tight.
Had the function by chance by hand outside of the unit once twisted and found out that it
was twisted in itself in the
elongated
position. Then simply turned back on the clamp itself until it looks "straight" again and then fixed the clamp with hot glue...
All good again - was so to speak like a straw closed... You can suck or blow for a long time :-)
biggrin.gif

Gast_Katrin

July 13, 2020 06:47 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Udutce @ Sunday, 14 July 2019, 11:39 a.m.)
Hello, I also have the problem with the display "Refill non-carbonated water or remove filter". Has anyone found a solution for this yet?

Hello everyone. I also got the error "use non-carbonated water" on my eq6 after countless attempts I removed the water tank and moved the float under the rubber with a toothpick. When I took the toothpick out again, there was a fur mouse hanging on it! I don't know how this happens if the water tank is always on it... but I think the problem is (for me) solved.
Maybe it will help you
too.

Katrin wishes you much more delicious coffee

Seite 12