Advanced search

Problem: Wetness under the KVA.

Possible solution: other lineup?

Gast_Andreas

June 19, 2022 10:35 pm

Unregistered

Hello dear people,

We have had a Bosch VeroBar 100 for a few years now and we are quite happy with it. However, for a few weeks we have the following problem. Under the machine there is always or maybe constantly some wetness and this is not good for the countertop, which is made of wood and starts to rot and turn dark. I suppose the wetness is simply caused by the operation of the machine, for example, when the drip tray is emptied and as a result some drops of water get under the machine. I think we can solve this problem by placing the machine on a pedestal or base that can absorb some water.
I have the following questions: Do you know this problem? Have you been able to solve it, if so, how? Do you have your KVA on a board or a cloth? Or just on the bare countertop?

Thanks a lot & Ciao

Kaffee-oder-Tee

September 05, 2022 01:36 pm

Unregistered

Wetness can accumulate under practically every fully automatic coffee maker. Sometimes it drips from the water tank when it is filled and sometimes you spill a little water when you take out the coffee tray. Maybe a hose connection is also dripping. But there are many ways to spill some water or coffee that then creeps under the coffee machine.
For this reason, I have a thin cutting foil, as they are sometimes on sale at Lidl, zurecht geschnittten and put my fully automatic coffee machine on it.
This protects the tabletop from all water and coffee stains, as long as nothing gets under the cutting foil ... ..
I hope that I could help you with my answer. Stay healthy and enjoy your coffee!