Advanced search

AEG Caffe Silencio

does not heat up any more

Gast_Steffi

March 12, 2012 09:26 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

have an AEG Caffe Silencio. Since a few weeks it takes a very long time to heat up and emits strange air noises. But at some point it gets hot and you can cook coffee as usual. The coffee is also normally hot.
Since yesterday, however, it does not heat up any more, the cup symbols blink and blink and after a while this exclamation mark also lights up constantly. Also the hot plate does not get warm any more
Could it be the thermoblock or only the temperature sensor? Can you repair it yourself or find out what it is?
If no, who can repair it? Or is it no longer worth it and you rather buy a new device???
I would be very grateful for answers!

looser

March 12, 2012 09:56 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 5600

Do you have a multimeter and can operate it? You'd have to do resistance measurements.
A defective heater moves with scarcely 100 euro material price.

--------------------
Nach vielen verschiedenen KVA habe ich jetzt meinen Seelenfrieden. WMF 800 :-)

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

March 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Unregistered

No, I don't, but maybe a friend has one! How much ohm should a defective one have, or a whole heater? (Heating is the thermoblock, isn't it???)

looser

March 12, 2012 10:33 pm

Expert

It's the same as yours. Possibly the components are arranged differently. EAM-ESAM.

--------------------

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

Gast_Steffi

March 13, 2012 09:52 pm

Unregistered

Hello smile.gif
Also, I bought a multimeter and got a value of 0,4 for the heating with 200 ohms, 40-54 ohms are given, then that's right, isn't it? (I have never worked with a multimeter before...... ;-)
the thermosensor has a value of 110 kOhm and I got a value of 0,01 with 20k. Should also be correct!?
Then there are 2 thermal fuses that must have passage. How can I see if there's passage? Because these lines are enclosed with a plastic tube!
The drive motor should have 219 Ohm and I measured with 200 and got a value of 0,22. Fits too!?
I don!
I don!t think there is any steam heating at my engine, because I couldn!

not find it.
hm, now I just don!

Gast_Steffi

March 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Unregistered

I have to correct one thing, I noticed in this post, /forums/...?showtopic=9344 that there was the same problem.
-I got a value of 0.4 on top of the thermoblock, but if I unplug the two plugs and then measure, I don't get a value at all.

http://www.juraprofi.de/AEG-Ersatzteile/Ca...nzio::7340.html

that should be the thermoblock! can you install it yourself? Do you think that's the fault, too?

Natti   

March 29, 2012 07:47 pm

Unregistered

Hello...
Having exactly the same problem since yesterday, if I turn on the machine, it takes quite a while, then the coffee cups flash and the exclamation mark lights up... I'll get them to heat up completely in between, but the coffee isn't too hot anymore...

Hiiiiillfffeeeeeee!

looser

March 29, 2012 08:52 pm

Expert

Measure it. Which machine exactly?

--------------------

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

Natti

April 03, 2012 06:46 pm

Unregistered

It's an AEG Caffe Silenzio. I've tried pretty much everything I could think of...

Natti

April 03, 2012 06:49 pm

Unregistered

Oh, so it's a CS 5000.

viatizianer

September 27, 2015 07:43 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 27146

QUOTE (Gast_Steffi @ Tuesday, 13. March 2012, 20:52 hrs)March 2012, 20:52 hrs)
got a value of 0.4 when heating with 200 ohms, 40-54 ohms are given, then that's right, isn't it? ... with the thermosensor 110 kOhm are indicated and with 20k I got a value of 0,01. Should be right too!? Then there are 2 thermal fuses that must have passage. How can I see if there's passage? Because these lines are enclosed with a plastic tube! The drive motor should have 219 Ohm and I measured with 200 and got a value of 0,22. Fits too!? I don't think my engine has steam heating, because I couldn't find it

Resistance values measured on the Silenzio CS-5000:

Heating: 83.97 Ohm (measuring range 200 Ohm)
Themosensor: (mounted on top of the heater): 9.70 kOhm (cold state)
motor: 0.233 kOhm (measuring range 20 kOhm, 1 terminal on the motor was removed for measurement)

The 2 thermal fuses must have continuity. To measure
the thermal fuses, loosen both Phillips screws < br>, push the plastic tube aside, and measure if the < br>thermal fuses have a zero ohm continuity.

Laut Ohm's law the heating takes up the following power:
P = U * U / R (P = power, U = voltage, R = resistance)
220 Volt * 220 Volt / 83.97 Ohm = 576.39 Watt.

- Note: The power seems rather low to me, because the type plate of the machine says that it has 1350 Watt. Does anyone know
an explanation for the too low heat output?

jokel

September 27, 2015 08:33 am

Expert

Member No.: 1411

Your machine probably has an ESAM-TB in it, it has 2 heating loops. One has approx. 80 Ohm, 2 parallel approx. 40 Ohm. So a heating loop said goodbye to yours. You need a new TB. But also the temperature sensor value does not fit. Should have approx. 100kOhm at room temperature.

Greß Stefan

--------------------
Esam 6600 PrimaDonna
Ich helfe gerne und freue mich über jede Rückmeldung, was leider nicht immer vorkommt. Fragen werden NUR im Forum beantwortet.

Mal bist du Hund, mal bist du Baum.

viatizianer

September 27, 2015 08:46 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 27146

@Jokel
Votes. My coffee maker AEG Caffe Silenzio probably has also the widespread
childhood disease with the broken heating loop. The upper heating loop has an infinite number of ohms (if you pull off the clamp) and said goodbye.

To Temperature sensor: I measured it (as written above)
in the clamped state, where it has 9.70
kOhm. Finally, however, your specification will be
correct, and the temperature sensor will have at room temperature 100 kOhm.

Explanation of the word ESAM-TB:
DeLonghi ESAM / DeLonghi EAM is a coffee machine
series, and TB stands for "thermoblock".