Advanced search

NEW: AEG Caffé Grande CG 6400, who knows what?

Grüne Bohne

September 27, 2006 03:29 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 193

The AEG Caffé Grande CG 6400 is apparently a new fully automatic coffee machine, which AEG classifies as a "fully automatic espresso machine".
You are looking for a direct comparison with the espresso strainer devices !

What makes the AEG CG 6400 interesting from the data point of view is the multiple espresso function.
They state in the description that the VA can make up to 10 espressos in one brewing process ( - incl. créma ? ).

As such I find very interesting, although there are some questions about :
What kind of coffee does this machine need : espresso beans, coffee cream, brewed coffee varieties ?
How do you avoid the coffee becoming too bitter with AEG when a complete small coffee pot is pulled out of a brewing process ?
How does the device make the créma ?

The "can espresso machines" have already been used with the steam pressure espresso machines. They are still available today in the price range from 50€ to approx. 150€.
The AEG should apparently cost approx. 1000€ and more.
What's coming towards us?

Flocke

September 29, 2006 11:08 am

Coffee lover

Member No.: 342

Hello Green Bean!

I already saw the device at the MOW. In principle it is the same device as the Prima Donna from Delonghi, which is the successor of the EAM 3500. There is with the milk can and without. The difference is the can function. According to the brochure, 10 cups are brewed at once, "without interruptions by refilling the powder or changing the cups". Could also mean that several espressos or coffees are prepared one after the other.
At first glance, the inner workings of the machine were no different from those of the Delonghi machines.
Laut brochure is the simple version (symbol display, can function, steam / hot water nozzle) cost 999 euros. Then there is a variant with text display for 1199 Euro and the variant with the milk frother plus the second thermoblock for 1499 Euro.

greeting - Flocke

--------------------
[FONT=Optima][COLOR=blue]

Grüne Bohne

October 03, 2006 04:28 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 193

Hello Flocke !

This identical look to the Delonghi I had already noticed.

The way you explain this with the 10-cup function makes sense.

So far there is already the "4-cup function", e.g. with the Melitta N°76.
I don't know how it works there, but if you transfer your explanations, that would obviously be 2 brewing processes one after the other with a possibility to change the cups.

Here with the AEG 6400 you would have to do 5 brewing processes one after the other ?

AEG complains about a special patent on this function
(...The outstanding and patented innovation of the Caffé Grande CG 6400 from AEG-Electrolux is the automatic multi-cup function...)

I would be interested in 1.) how long the brewing process takes for a pot of 10 cups. Though it's faster than a normal brewing machine?
...and 2.) if it tastes much different than just "strong coffee" ? - and then with crema, of course that would be the hit !

Gruß, Grüne Bohne

Flocke

October 11, 2006 08:21 am

Coffee lover

Member No.: 342

Well, green bean, that's all I know, I'm afraid. Unfortunately, the machine was not running at the trade fair.... The only question is why!?! blink.gif
But even if the coffee only has the quality of filter coffee I would find that OK, then at least you don't need a second coffee machine in the kitchen, which would then only be used during visits.
When I hear more, you hear from me...
Greß - Flocke

--------------------
[FONT=Optima][COLOR=blue]