Advanced search

Delonghi magnificent 4500 ready cappuccino "Störung" Delonghi

Delonghi shows " General Fault"

Opa Kaffeetrinker   

December 31, 2019 10:53 pm

Unregistered

Hello, this ad can probably mean a lot, and since I am not really technically versed, I am looking for help here.
A few days ago, this message was occasional, and after unplugging the power plug, car diagnosis, and restarting it went
off again in between.

Yesterday, however, the occasional incident was over, and the message with the malfunction

came permanently.

After starting the machine, it is in the preheating phase for a relatively long time and then jumps to the message "General fault". When you open the door, you can see that the brewing group is at the top. Pull out the plug and put it back in again, then this diagnosis comes and it goes out, then the brewing group is down again. Again machine on, and then comes just again this extended heating-up phase

etc.! wanted to

open the part tomorrow times, and look however, if one does not have much idea, then one does not know also somehow in such a way, what one

should

look for

Can anyone give me a hint about what kind of problem the machine might be having?

Schlawi

January 01, 2020 11:10 am

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

I think one of the heater loops is defective. It is best to measure the resistance at the upper two contacts of the heater when the heater cable is plugged in. ca 40 Ohm ok,
ca 80 Ohm or no display, heating
defective.
But first pull the mains plug!

Opa Kaffeetrinker

January 01, 2020 03:26 pm

Unregistered

Thanks for the info. However, I have nothing to measure sad.gifnow.
The plate above for the cups gets warm well.

Steinhaeger666

January 01, 2020 09:36 pm

Advanced

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 25101

When it gets warm on top, it's like Schlawi said - a heating coil of the thermoblock is defective.
A new thermoblock is all that's needed. To do this,
you must remove the brewing head.

When you have removed it, you can also disassemble the brewing head completely, clean it and

fit new seals.

Instructions are available on the net, e.g. "

juraprofi.de"

You will be the best judge

of whether you are up to it...

But honestly - if you don't have an electrical engineering education, don't

bother. VGBernd