Advanced search

Philips hd8829 Dispenses only water

DirtyButterBrot

February 25, 2021 04:29 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

my coffee machine Philips HD8829 gives the water only about the tea output but not about the normal coffee output.
No matter if I select coffee or hot water.
The brew group ejects the ground coffee dry again.

I have now already disassembled the whole machine and cleaned it of limescale as well as disassembling the brew group and flushing everything through which has also worked perfectly.
I have also already disassembled and cleaned the spout and the T piece on the inside where the spout engages.

As far as I have seen the brew group is in series with the tea outlet and is controlled by a solenoid valve at the top, but I can only guess as a layman.
When the solenoid valve is unplugged, the machine displays a fault.

I would be happy if who can help me.

LG Luca

Schlawi

February 25, 2021 10:13 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

Does the flush work when you turn it on? Does the brew group runs back immediately or does it pump briefly?
Can you also make powdered coffee with the machine? If so, pull a powdered coffee without powder and see if the reference runs normally through.

DirtyButterBrot

February 26, 2021 09:24 am

Unregistered

Hi, yes the machine rinses normally at the beginning just not about the brew group but also about the tea output. It comes no water to the brew group although everything is continuous.
I'm looking at the powder now, but as far as I know this is not possible.

Thanks for the help!

DirtyButterBrot

February 26, 2021 09:38 am

Unregistered

So I do not know now whether I have written the above understandable, but when I want to prepare a coffee then the brew group works visually quite normal but he gives no water to the brew group but gives it only about the tea output.
The two also hang on the same hose and it is all continuous from the T piece to the coffee output I have everything washed through and blown out.

Schlawi

February 26, 2021 09:46 am

Expert

Ahso. Then you have to check / open the solenoid valve and see if it hangs. If you have a multimeter and know your way around you can also check if there are permanent 220V.
You would also notice if the coil is hot.

DirtyButterBrot

February 26, 2021 10:19 am

Unregistered

So solenoid valve is described with 24VDC.
No voltage arrives therefore it should actually be closed.

DirtyButterBrot

February 26, 2021 10:32 am

Unregistered

Solenoid valve removed is de-energized to open and energized to closed.
But no current comes on.
I make myself times on the way to the electronics ph34r.gif

DirtyButterBrot

February 26, 2021 10:56 am

Unregistered

So now I have the hose leading to the solenoid valve closed with a screw and even so no water comes through the brew group.
I am at the end with my Latin

Schlawi

February 26, 2021 11:12 am

Expert

Ah, it's got 24 volts.
Can you post a picture of the solenoid valve? Somehow it should be the other way around. Normally closed, under voltage open.

There is only a T-piece in the line to which the support valve is then screwed. See picture.
Will the pump then quiet?

Attached Image

DirtyButterBrot

February 26, 2021 01:57 pm

Unregistered

user posted image user posted image

I have already dismantled and cleaned the T-piece which then engages in the outlet connection/support valve, it is open on all three sides.

DirtyButterBrot

February 26, 2021 01:59 pm

Unregistered

Sorry the pictures didn't quite want to.

https://ibb.co/JcFPP6h
https://ibb.co/djhZYNr

Schlawi

February 26, 2021 03:56 pm

Expert

Did the pump get quieter when you closed the hose with the screw?
Hope the cable ties hold. biggrin.gif

MrLed

February 26, 2021 05:27 pm

Barista

Member No.: 31782

The solenoid valve only opens the way to the hot water/steam nozzle.
So also only switches when you draw HW or steam.
I have rather the support valve (the part that docks to the brew group) in suspicion, you had the open and cleaned times?

DirtyButterBrot

March 01, 2021 10:19 am

Unregistered

Was not really quieter no, but he has started that he presses the water through the hose closed with screws which leads to the solenoid valve.

The outlet nozzle was extremely calcified I have but completely disassembled and decalcified.
This is installed:
user posted image