Gast_Felix

December 12, 2020 09:35 pm

Unregistered

Hello Forum Community,

I hope you can help me.
It's about the machine Miele CM5510

- without prior changes to the components the following happens
- the coffee is drawn and is suddenly very thin
- in coffee set container is rather a mushy pampe than we had before the rounds of coffee set pads -
an error to the brewing unit is displayed.
- I clean the brewing unit, reinstall it
- I draw in coffee again but it tells me "refill beans" even though the container is full of beans -
I remove all the beans and clean the grinder as best as I can from above (including vacuuming)
- then I see the grinder turning normally (as it has done all along) but it just doesn't draw in any beans. Hence the constant mistake that I should refill beans.

Do you have any idea? huh.gif

Thanks a lot !!!

Schlawi

December 12, 2020 10:01 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

That's a new machine. Warranty. Back to the dealer.

Gast_Felix

December 12, 2020 10:09 pm

Unregistered

I bought the machine used. I don't have a receipt. :-(

Schlawi

December 13, 2020 08:44 am

Expert

You can adjust the grind while she is grinding. Otherwise, open and disassemble the grinder.

However, Miele should also be able to do something without an invoice based on the serial number. The machine has only been listed for a few months. Otherwise call Miele.
0800 22 44 666
Unless it fell off the truck

unsure.gif

December 13, 2020 10:09 am

Unregistered

I have already tried to adjust the grinding degree in all settings but no improvement.
When the grinder turns, it looks to me as if it should turn the other way around. but it doesn't make sense. (it now turns clockwise) I just don't understand why he doesn't pull in a bean even though everything is visually clear from above.

I will try the hotline tomorrow, maybe they can tell me something about the warranty. Thank you first of all!

I really don't dare to disassemble the grinder!

December 13, 2020 10:11 am

Unregistered

I have already tried to adjust the grinding degree in all settings but no improvement.
When the grinder turns, it looks to me as if it should turn the other way around. but it doesn't make sense. (it now turns clockwise) I just don't understand why he doesn't pull in a bean even though everything is visually clear from above.

I will try the hotline tomorrow, maybe they can tell me something about the warranty. Thank you first of all!

Gast_Felix

December 13, 2020 10:11 am

Unregistered

Schlawi

December 13, 2020 12:09 pm

Expert

Disassembling the grinder is not witchcraft. But first, check the warranty. Think that should work even though there is no invoice because the machine can only be a few months old.
Water didn't get into the grinder, did it?

Gast_Felix

December 14, 2020 08:49 pm

Unregistered

I spoke to Miele today and I sent the machine to them. Let's see if they fix it as a gesture of goodwill. Unfortunately I don't have the bill anymore. sad.gif

Let's see what they say. Anyway, the service on the phone was really great. You know why the devices cost a few extra euros.

On the phone you told me to fiddle around with a spoon at the grinder to see if something was stuck there. I broke off the screw head of the "finger guard". It didn't slide into the grinder, but I hope that Miele doesn't think that I did a great job on it and broke the machine.

Schlawi

December 14, 2020 10:39 pm

Expert

As the machine has only been on the Miele list for 2-3 months, warranty should not be a problem. Invoice or not.

Gast_Felix

December 15, 2020 09:27 am

Unregistered

The machine has been manufactured and sold for a long time.
Miele told me that my machine was produced in late 2017.
I bought it in January 2019, so it has been almost 2 years.

Schlawi

December 15, 2020 09:39 am

Expert

Are you sure that it is a CM 5510?

December 15, 2020 11:45 am

Unregistered

Then it is possibly but the CM5500 ... I thought in this rose gold there is only the CM5510.

Schlawi

December 15, 2020 03:49 pm

Expert

Then it looks different. The CM 5500 is older.

Gast_Felix

December 16, 2020 10:29 am

Unregistered

Ok, sorry for the confusion. What is the difference between the CM5500 and the CM5510 ?
I could not find anything on google.

Thank you!