Advanced search

DeLonghi EAM 3500 - Squeaking noises

Mr-Kaffee   

March 29, 2013 04:52 pm

Coffee lover

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 5647

Hello,

>our DeLonghi EAM 3500 Pronto Cappucino makes annoying noises since some days when switching on and when producing coffee... it's a grinding squeak that appears to occur when the brewing unit piston is moved up and down.

Yesterday I got silicone grease and greased the brewing unit piston, but it didn't reduce it. So it wasn't the brewing unit. It sounds as if the noise is more in the rear part of the machine where the drive moves. What can squeak there, sounds a bit like rubber on metal or something...?

Will now however on Easter not screw the machine on, otherwise we stand there afterwards without full automatic machine...., spare parts I get anyway so not here now.

Thanks for any tips. smile.gif

Easter greetings from the cold.

looser

March 29, 2013 05:44 pm

Expert

Member No.: 5600

There's other places besides the pistons that squeak. cool.gif

--------------------
Nach vielen verschiedenen KVA habe ich jetzt meinen Seelenfrieden. WMF 800 :-)

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

Mr-Kaffee

March 30, 2013 12:27 am

Coffee lover

Thanks a lot, that sounds very much like it....
will dare me tomorrow after breakfast......

and reports after execution...

best regards
rolleyes.gif

Mr-Kaffee

March 30, 2013 03:56 pm

Coffee lover

So, problem is hopefully solved in the long run, thanks to the great instructions.

The spindle has been greased. At the upper rear area, where the snowmobile moves back and forth, I can't clean it, because there is something in front of it, which probably is the heater or water boiler. But I was able to put some silicone on it from the front. Then I noticed that one of the two screws of the brewing unit's pick-up carriage was loose.
The sum of these works was that it is now significantly quieter and there seems to be no more Qieutschen. However, I haven't mounted the fairing again yet, because I noticed two things during the acceptance test.

1. There is a switch / connector loose in the machine, which should be screwed down somewhere. s. Work, I can tell you enough about that than ital. Homeowner sad.gif

However, the machine was last repaired / overhauled three years ago at BND in Mutterstadt and was not reopened afterwards. So it's been screwed up like this.
I'll leave the lid off again now, if someone from the forum can kindly tell me if I should change something there......

Best regards
cool.gif

PS:
And before anyone wonders why I send a DeLonghi from the manufacturing country Italy to Germany for maintenance: the local DeLonghi service here in Liguria had called the machine a total loss because of blamed. Calcification mad.gif , at BND it was overhauled at a flat rate and has been running flawlessly ever since. And I was told at BND that the device had hardly been calcified. biggrin.gif

New note: I found the upper earthing cable now, I have to get to the cup warming plate. (You just have to bend down, then you see more)

looser

March 30, 2013 04:09 pm

Expert

That's a very dangerous thing to do. ohmy.gif

The lower protective conductor belongs at the bottom to the plate of the drive. It's a bit hard to see.
The upper protective conductor should belong on the lid. They are both only plugged on.
The part at the red arrow is a thermal fuse of the steam heating. The hole where it is screwed in is a little above your picture.
You'll probably need a fixing nut to do that.

Send the picture to BND and ask them when they want to finish the machine....

--------------------

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

Mr-Kaffee

March 30, 2013 04:43 pm

Coffee lover

Please change your name to WINNER smile.gif THANK YOU!

Under fastening of the ground cable I discovered, is difficult to get to, in built-in condition, must see if I have such a long pointed pliers etc.. ..., but I'm used to worse from the car.

I haven't found the hole of the thermal fuse yet, so I have it on my eyes cool.gif... or there'd be a hole in the top cover, if there was a nut in there, it could get there. But I could only push in a nut from above after removing the glued cup riffle plate and unfortunately the nut matching the thread size does not fit into the hole.

I will put the thermoswitch somewhere on the left side.

looser

March 30, 2013 05:03 pm

Expert

Between the red and yellow arrow on your picture there is a hole in the steam heater. The thermal fuse should be plugged in and fastened from the opposite side with a nut.
The upper protective conductor is plugged onto the inside of the cover (metal support plate).

--------------------

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

Mr-Kaffee

March 30, 2013 05:08 pm

Coffee lover

Thanks, but there's no hole in the middle of the steam heater, there's a metal part. Looks like something's been snapped off. Maybe the Themorsicherung has already been exchanged and one did not take the trouble to dismantle the old one.

So, Supplement, again carefully looked at with glasses on, there the carrier plate of the thermal fuse is still in the heating, so one has exchanged and not screwed in again. I need to see if I can get the old one out.

News: Finger twisted, but old part out and thermal fuse screwed correctly.!

Thank you Looser-Winnner for your help.!

looser

March 30, 2013 07:18 pm

Expert

Prima biggrin.gif

And thanks for the feedback.

--------------------

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de

Mr-Kaffee

March 30, 2013 08:17 pm

Coffee lover

I have to thank,

and a few cables crushed by the lid, which were partly open up to the strand, I could also repair / isolate when closing.

A question still about the thermo switch... Is it possible that the installer deliberately did not install the heater on the steam heating so that the water temperature rises higher ? There must have been a problem with not really hot coffee before, when the machine was in Italy for repair.

How does this thermoswitch work, does it get its info/heat via the thread? I.e. if the thermoswitch is not screwed in, then it never gets too hot and does not switch off....

But that should have been corrected then BND...or?

looser

March 30, 2013 09:32 pm

Expert

Thermal fuse. If the steam heating becomes too hot, it triggers and the steam heating no longer receives any voltage. It has nothing to do with hotter coffee.

--------------------

www.DeMichaelLonghi.de