Advanced search

Coffee runs directly into drip tray

No coffee from coffee spout

Gast_Taker

February 29, 2020 07:15 pm

Unregistered

Bosch TCA 5401 benvenuto classic

As of today, the machine no longer dispenses coffee from the spout, it runs directly into the drip tray. After the brewing process, however, there are drops of coffee at the outlet.
Water comes out of the hot water/steam nozzle as normal when the rotary knob is pressed
Does anyone have a tip on what this could be or what can be done about it?

Schlawi

February 29, 2020 07:20 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

You can remove the cover on the drip tray. Then you can see where the water comes out during coffee.
The main suspect is usually the drain valve.

Gast_Taker

February 29, 2020 10:50 pm

Unregistered

Thanks again for the quick answer.

The orifice was a little rough, but I got it off. The coffee runs down the part that is marked 0508 on the exploded view on page 5. Does this confirm your suspicions?
Does it make sense to take something apart and clean it etc?

Schlawi

February 29, 2020 11:52 pm

Expert

Member No.: 14628

Does it run down this or out the hole below? This is the expansion tank. This means that the drainage valve is 90% defective. The best is to go
to Komtra.
and have a look at
the repair instructions
, for example.

There are PDF's and videos explaining how to open the machine, how to turn the VEntil off and on, etc.

Gast_Taker

March 01, 2020 10:16 pm

Unregistered

It ran down the expansion tank. Only the last 'sip' goes through it, but that should be normal?

Thank you for the keyword for the instructions.
Unfortunately it doesn't quite fit on my bike (no separate back panel, the sides go to the middle of the back of the bike), but finally I got the valve out, took it apart, cleaned it and put it all back together again. It was neither excessively dirty nor obviously broken. According to the manual I have probably the (original) old version, with only one plastic ball in the valve, without
spring.

Apart from the fact that the coffee now tends to run down the housing of the brewing unit, the action unfortunately did not help. If I see this correctly, the coffee runs out at the connection point between the brewing unit and the drain valve. But it is still the case that the last sip goes through the expansion tank, so the valve works and is also tight. Does a new set of seals help or do I have to replace the valve? Or the whole machine?

Gast_Taker

March 07, 2020 02:02 pm

Unregistered

Do you/do you have any advice or opinion on this, please?

Harvito

March 18, 2020 12:03 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 37842

I have also found the same problem with my machine. I have not yet identified the exact cause. Have you moved on already?

Espresso land Bijeljina

May 10, 2020 10:30 am

Unregistered

Hi, i had a similar issue with this kind of machine, and after changing drainage valve nothing changes. Problem was with clogged crema valve in piston head in brewgroup. I cleaned it, and machine works again. I realy dont know what couses clogging , maybe bad coffee or grinder... because this problem keeps coming back from time to time...