Advanced search

The perfect espresso bean(s)...?

UncleBarisch   

April 30, 2011 08:46 pm

Coffee lover

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 11736

Have a good day,

I am proud owner of the Delonghi ESAM 5500 Titanium since a few days and now I'm looking for the perfect espresso bean.

The KVA already had 2 x Melitta Cafe Crema and Special with me, but those are not espresso varieties.

What do you think is the perfect espresso bean and where do you buy them? (Online Shop)

We simply want espresso beans that can be used for natural espresso as well as for Capu. and Latte Mac...and it should taste good ala Italobar

Have already heard that apparently Lavazza is very good as well as Swiss Schürli (Is he???) ... and which one exactly should you buy for espresso, capu and latte mac. ?

Thanks

LG

numberonedefender

April 30, 2011 09:21 pm

Expert

Member No.: 2650

To be honest Lavazza is a catastrophe, Swiss "Schümli" is a normal cream roast, rather mild.
If you really want to have good beans, let Fausto and Langen send you a sample package, after that you no longer buy a supermarket coffee.
The only bearable one in the sector for me is Dallmayr Crema d'oro Intensa.

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)
wechselnde Besetzung in der Werkstatt...
P.S.: Support gibt's im Forum, nicht per PN o.ä.

UncleBarisch

April 30, 2011 09:27 pm

Coffee lover

Okay, so where's the best place to order online??? (most selection + try some packages?)

numberonedefender

April 30, 2011 09:30 pm

Expert

With Fausto and/or with Langen, I wrote wink.gif

In how many forums did you actually ask the question, in the coffee net'there are already heaps of competent answers, as I just saw...

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)

UncleBarisch

April 30, 2011 09:44 pm

Coffee lover

And which one exactly would you recommend from Fausto?
As you just saw there is http://www.caffe-fausto.de/caffe_fausto_shop.html many of them wink.gif ?
Should be for pure Espresso (with good foam) and for Capu. as well as for Latte Mac.

numberonedefender

April 30, 2011 09:58 pm

Expert

I write's again: Order a trial package, Fausto has three different ones on offer. For fully automatic machines I finally find the roasts of Lange nen Ticken more successful, try's out, fun. I've tried hundreds of different roasts.
My favorite coffee from Fausto is the "Monaco".

--------------------
Grüße, Manuel

Jura ENA Micro 9 (Küche)
Jura xF50 (Büro)

UncleBarisch

April 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Coffee lover

well then I'll see which one I'll get;)

Gast_The Sleeper

May 03, 2011 03:01 pm

Unregistered

Try it:

>www.solvino.de

Gives great coffee for example from the Speicherstadt roasting plant in Hamburg

May 03, 2011 03:28 pm

Unregistered

Can I expect a "decent" espresso with the right beans with my DeLonghi 23.450, or won?t it work anyway? Lavazza is always using it at the moment and I am very disappointed for espresso...

W1cht3lm@nn

May 03, 2011 11:19 pm

Experienced

Member No.: 7258

This is all a question of habit.
I also liked to drink espresso from a Saeco, then I found a place where you could handle the big box behind the counter.
The usual fully automatic machines can be helped by disassembling the grinding mechanism and adjusting it so that the discs are just before grinding on each other.
Then you can make 25 ml take the right 25 seconds until they have run through (first to last drop of the phase in which the pump pumps permanently).
That can then be described as espresso-like.
Pleagably, the plastic brewing units cool down such small amounts of liquid strongly, of course, so that it's easy to get sour.
An increase would then be a fully automatic Quick Mill, as in my signature.
The mill grinds finely enough and the metal brew group is actively heated, even the first drop comes at the right temperature.
This can be described as a good espresso with good beans and the right setting.

A perfect espresso, but unfortunately, only a real sieve carrier gives off a perfect espresso.
When you look at the coffee network, you see a lot of people with large machine fleets which, properly operated, can produce espresso even more aromatic, more differentiated in taste and with less acidity and bitterness than any fully automatic coffee machine.

Edit, Coffee varieties:
Last I was enthusiastic about the "No. 2" from Olivier and the "Nobile" from Elbgold, both enjoyed freshly roasted.
Positively surprised I was also once surprised by the pretty cheap "Gorilla Bar" from Joerges.

--------------------
Quick Mill 05000 "Unique Edition", WMF Ecco

Rallyefreak

August 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 9493

@ numberonedefender

You drink your espresso very hard. (Do I hear that right?)
....Doro Intensa etc :-)

Bin just arrived at 6 of 12 packages Langen and must say, good coffee.
A number better than discount etc.
A number that already has favorites.
Espresso Cuba.

But I'm not that far removed from it, and I wouldn't call Lavazza a scrap metal.
For the "EveryDay Coffee" it tastes really good. (Depending on the variety) I still prefer this one to the other varieties.

Here now a newcomer asks for good coffee.......
I think deciding for myself is still the best....
There are people who even taste Tchibo :-)

--------------------
[b]Saeco Vienna Superautomatico (mausgrau)
DeLonhgi Esam 5400 Perfekta (silber)
[/B] [COLOR=blue]

Afrika_9

August 29, 2011 10:13 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 11724

Take a look at this: http://www.allvendo.de/ I order there recently, they have a great selection. There is not only coffee but also a lot of accessories. Only yesterday I ordered cream Schümli from Mäder, I wanted to try it for a while smile.gif

Wina

August 29, 2011 10:17 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 13145

Hi,

have the ESAM 3000 B and the Lavazza beans don't taste right to me. I just ordered the tasting packs. I'll report as soon as they get here.

diekaffeebohne

January 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 14839

I also always order the Speicherstadt coffee from solvino http://www.solvino.de/speicherstadt-kaffee. I prefer the organic espresso Organico. Besides the coffee specialities, they also offer Italian delicacies. If you are ever in Hamburg, then you should definitely visit the roasting plant in the Speicherstadt. Best during the week, though, because Saturday is so crowded there that you can't get a seat anymore! wink.gif

Gast_Kaffee-Genie

January 29, 2012 01:04 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

we have been looking for a suitable variety for a long time and finally found it.
For some time now we have been drinking Fairtrade Espresso from Gepa, which we can particularly recommend:

Bio Espresso Chiapas, whole bean, 1.000g
A mild but very aromatic espresso with low acidity and therefore very digestible. We drink it both as espresso and latte macchiato, and as a simple café crema.
It is also positive that the coffee is organic and fair trade.
The coffee is a bit more expensive, but it is worth the perfect enjoyment...

Online gibt´s him in the world shop: http://shop.weltladen-belm.de/Lebensmittel...ne-1-000-g.html

Greß
A coffee connoisseur

Seite 12