Advanced search

Cafe Bonitas: insolvent?

Gast_Nicole

February 11, 2020 09:39 am

Unregistered

Good morning!

Short to me, my name is Nicole and I bought a Kingstar from Cafe Bonitas in July 2017.

Up to now I was generally satisfied, but now I have the problem that the machine no longer brews coffee, only hot water comes out of the outlet nozzles and the ground coffee ends up absolutely dry in the pomace. There is also a puddle of water under the drawer, which in my opinion should indicate a leak.

Now, this morning I tried the fa. Tex Force GmbH (Cafe Bonitas) both by e-mail and by telephone - no chance. The mail comes back as undeliverable and by phone there is only an announcement that the phone number is not valid.

So I'm afraid the company has closed down. I can't find anything on the net about an insolvency, but there is no other way to explain the lack of accessibility and what I read here.

So now I have my broken-down Kingstar standing by. My husband completely disassembled and cleaned the brewing group yesterday, but even that did not bring any improvement.

What do you think: is it worthwhile at all to take the thing to an external repair service (btw: any recommendations in the postcode catchment area 48/49?)? Under 150 € I can't get away in life, but the machine is only 2.5 years old and it would be a pity if it was now.

The brew group is supposed to be similar to a Saeco brew group. Does anyone here know how similar? That is, can it be used? That is very unlikely, I know of course, but there are no spare parts for my Kingstar on the net, which also points to the insolvency.

Best regardsNicole**who
can at least drink coffee in the office**
sad.gif