Advanced search

Krups EA8150 descaling icon missing from menu

Nmartin42

February 28, 2021 04:05 pm

Unregistered

Hello!

I have a Krups EA8150 coffee maker, and I've been using it almost every day in the past 1,5 years (at least 3 cups of coffee/day). Also, I live in an area where the water is hard (~25 dH), and I've set the water hardness option to the maximal, yet the machine still hasn't asked for descaling. This starts to worry me since I have noticed that it brews the coffee significantly slower than a year before.

I don't have the small pictogram of the descaling (6 dots in a triangular shape, and a little droplet below) in the menu, so I can't even start the descaling manually.

What could I do about this? I've been searching for the solution to this problem for multiple days and no results. The closest thing I've got that some other people are also having this issue.

I've tried many things (button combinations) suggested either here or elsewhere to access the service menu since I thought that a "hard reset" might solve this problem but no luck with getting into the service menu either...

Could you help me out with this?

FrankK

June 08, 2022 11:25 pm

Unregistered

On my 817010 model, this icon is also missing.
I use the "K" function for descaling and for cleaning.

Gast_Kevin

March 28, 2023 01:27 pm

Unregistered

Same issue here, Got a blocked KRUPS EA89 from friend and is has no Descale function under maintenance and info shows next descaling in 23000+ coffees. now running coffee cleaning cycles with descale agent back to back trying to get it unclogged.

Nelleke

April 10, 2023 11:30 am

Unregistered

Hello,
I am having the same problem. Coffee quality has decreased significantly recently. No more crema on the coffee and sometimes leakage or clogging. Been experiencing this with more than once with the same machines. Then I always sent the machine back to krups and was offered repair or new machine (with extra payment). Now I used 1 descaling bag in combination with the cleaning cycle. Then did additional cleaning cycle one more time and rinsed.

bwa-rista

June 10, 2023 11:40 am

Unregistered

C'mon Krups, at least get your manual in order!!!

August 18, 2023 02:45 pm

Unregistered

Anyone have any Idea about this, we have machine that's been running for 2,5 years now, has never asked for descaling, is used in an office (we drink lots of coffee) and is now starting to cause trouble.. I thought I'd descale the machine, to see if it helps... Got the krupps descale stuff, threw it in the reservoir... Went to the menu to select the right option, but there is nothing to select..

Gast_Petra

January 27, 2024 12:21 pm

Unregistered

Exactly the same here unsure.gif
Has anyone been able to find an answer to this ?