Advanced search

Krups EA81* - Return spring piston - Where to insert

Krups EA81 Repair

Gast_Patrick

June 30, 2021 02:59 pm

Unregistered

Hello dear coffee community,

have taken out and cleaned the grinder at my Krups EA8108 - model FPB145000P.
But when I put it in, I no longer know where to attach the return spring of the piston to the grinder. Have this "clean" & "calc" blink error now because of this. According to the forum this is an error that occurs when the position of the piston is not correct?

Do any of you know where to put the spring?

Thanks in advance!

user posted image

August 25, 2021 02:16 pm

Unregistered

Hi, I have a spring like you.
It seems to be in the wrong place... And it's wrong when it goes down.
But I don't have any mistakes

Pliploupla

August 25, 2021 02:17 pm

Unregistered

It is not attached to anything upstairs...

Benoît

November 18, 2021 11:44 pm

Unregistered

Good evening I have exactly the same thing someone found where to replace it

Gast_Michal

January 31, 2022 10:31 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gast_Patrick @ June 30, 2021 02:59 pm)

But when I put it in, I no longer know where to attach the return spring of the piston to the grinder. Have this "clean" & "calc" blink error now because of this. According to the forum this is an error that occurs when the position of the piston is not correct?

Thanks in advance!

user posted image </br></br></br></br></br>

Do you fond the hole where the spring belong? I háve same problem. Thanks.

Stéphane

February 26, 2022 01:04 pm

Unregistered

I reassembled the spring exactly as you did on the picture (thanks for the help) and it works perfectly without a light.

Gast_Sam

April 15, 2022 08:18 am

Unregistered

Hello I would like to know where to find the spring mine is deformed

Gast_José

August 09, 2022 12:04 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (Gast_Patrick @ June 30, 2021 02:59 pm)

Thanks in advance!

user posted image </br></br></br></br></br>

Hi.
You must place the spring in the piston BEFORE screw it in the metallic support.

Gast_tobiklein

August 14, 2022 11:40 pm

Unregistered

The one end of the spring is yes in the plastic part which is put on top of the piston
(before screwing the piston because only so the thing gets hold)
The other side of the spring hangs there just so and should probably wipe the coffee grounds from the chute from the grinder

Jack71290   

September 28, 2022 03:13 pm

Unregistered

Hello
, Where does the other end of the spring on the grinder side fit?
Thanks for your feedback

Gast_ADRI

December 29, 2022 07:30 am

Unregistered

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem...

Where does the spring hang up?

For the side of the piston no worries, but for the side of the grinder, has anyone found the solution?

Thanks in advance

ET

March 30, 2023 10:34 pm

Unregistered

I had the same problem but I think that the end of the spring does not need to be attached.

Looking at videos on other Krups models, we notice on those that the spring is mounted in an arc on the press and that it is not attached to the motor.

I deduce that the function of the spring is to sweep the ramp of the motor and not a system

Emilie

June 29, 2023 09:23 pm

Unregistered

Have you figured out how to fit the other end of the spring?

BenF

August 05, 2023 11:28 am

Unregistered

I've had the same problem myself. After trying to attach it to the underside of the spout (it goes up and down, with a spring that's often taut), I find that it's not a good solution. It slows down the descent of the ground coffee, and more of it falls to the side. I've put it back in the inert position shown in the photo above. It seems to me that it has the merit, when the piston descends, of scraping the spout a little with the metal rod at the end of the spring. It's better in any case: less coffee falls by the side.

frtr

September 10, 2023 06:08 pm

Unregistered

Hello, I have just changed the piston... The part with the spring is not fixed on the external side, the spring remains free... It scrapes the slope of the ground coffee... As far as I'm concerned, I haven't repaired my coffeemaker: the water goes into the drip tray without passing through the piston... I haven't seen any visible external failure, disconnected hose or broken part... I'll try to look at a cycle with everything disassembled, but it's not easy... Any ideas?