Advanced search

EA8025 water in boiler after coffee cycle

Gunslinger

November 14, 2022 03:48 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 60247

My EA8025 started leaking water and coffee under the machine few weeks ago. After taking the machine apart I found out that the seal on the ejection rod was completely torn apart. I ordered new seal for the rod, and new rings for the compressing piston. After thorough cleaning and putting the machine back together, I tested it without coffee beans, and noticed that after the coffee cycle there is still water remaining in the boiler chamber, and when the piston comes back up it explodes all around the machine. Basic rinse cycle seems to work as it should.

I searched the forums for similar issues, and already found some pointers and things to check:
* I first checked the drain valve, and found out that the piston was completely stuck. I then ordered and replaced the whole drain valve, but problem is still persisting.

* Pump and flowmeter seems to be working ok. If I set the coffee cycle for 100ml I get almost exactly 100ml of hot water into the cup (just a hair over 100ml actually).

* I checked the NTC sensor on the side of the boiler. Both wires are still properly attached to the boiler, and I measured the sensor with multimeter. It's showing 115.6 kilo ohms measured at the connector, is that ok?

* I disassembled and checked the distributor. There was some water inside the gear case, but other than that everything seemed to be ok:
user posted image

* I think that water can at least flow through the "strainer" thingy at the end of the ejection rod freely, since I cleaned the entire machine as best as I could during the initial repairing:
user posted image
I also tried to pour water in to the cylinder while I had the drain valve removed, and it seemed to run through the boiler and hose just fine.

* I noticed that the second hose attached to pump outlet, is not consistent. There is a part where the hose inside diameter gets significantly smaller. The hose does not look like it's deformed, but instead it looks like it was made this way. In the other hand, I have watched several pictures and videos of these machines, and I have not seen this kind strangle on any other machine. Should I change this hose, and could this affect the draining of the boiler?
user posted image
user posted image

Finally, I just found out that the water does not in fact exit by free flow, but is ejected by pressure. Is it simply possible, that since there is no coffee in the cylinder, there is not enough pressure to eject the water? I did not want to test the machine with coffee yet, since I don't want to get ground, wet coffee and brown water all over the recently cleaned machine biggrin.gif

Every tip and comment is welcome at this point. I do not want to just start throwing parts at the machine since I have already spent about 100€ on the parts (mostly post fees).

kaffeechris

November 14, 2022 06:17 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Hello, read this thread carefully, maybe it will help you.
https://www.kaffeevollautomaten.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18644&hl=

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

Gunslinger

November 15, 2022 10:52 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 60247

QUOTE (kaffeechris @ November 14, 2022 05:17 pm)
Hello, read this thread carefully, maybe it will help you.
https://www.kaffeevollautomaten.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18644&hl=

Thanks for the link. I did read through it, but it was in German so I had to use google translate to make anything out of it laugh.gif

Sadly I did not find anything that would help me further. The main issues they had seemed to be with the water filter (which I don't use), steam function (which I don't use), flow meter (which I already expect to be working, as 100ml coffee cycle gives me almost exactly 100ml water in cup) and distributor, which I already opened and checked that it should work correctly.