EQ.9 - all cold coffee?

esp. espresso is much too cold

data68

December 14, 2017 04:17 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 31584

Hello folks,

I have had the EQ.9 S700 for almost a year now. While the temperature of coffee is fine - although not outstanding - it is different with espresso. Even with a pre-warmed cup the espresso is simply much too cold.

I have the preparation at 96 °C, at the outlet I measure just 60 °C with a thermometer.

My DeLonghi Nespresso machine brings it up to 71 °C, which is fine.
A colleague has a new EQ.6 and thinks the espresso is too hot for him to drink immediately. That should be more than 60 °C.

Can you understand that with your machines like this?

Gruß und danke
Thomas

Gast_Klaus   

November 22, 2018 06:26 pm

Unregistered

Ich habe meine q9 s900 Connect jetzt 2 Monate
und habe bis jetzt keinen einzigen heißen Espresso gehabt.
Das Problem tritt nur bei Espresso auf, wobei der normale Kaffee sehr heiß wird.

Gast_Christian   

May 17, 2019 09:09 am

Unregistered

It's the same with me. Coffee's like this, espresso's lukewarm.

Kaffeepoint

May 28, 2019 11:12 pm

Advanced

Member No.: 28864

Firstly, the fully automatic machine cannot prepare an espresso because the pressure is much too low.

Secondly, the waterways are much too long to warm up everything with the small amount of water.

Remedy: Before purchasing a small coffee, allow the machine to rinse (warm up). Preheat cups with steam. Should achieve a significantly better result.

--------------------
KVA:WMF 800 ST: Lelit Bianca PL 162

Gast_Matthias

December 01, 2019 11:17 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (data68 @ Thursday, December 14, 2017, 16:17)
Hello, folks,

I've had the EQ.9 S700 for almost a year now. While the temperature of coffee is fine - although not outstanding - it is different with espresso. Even with a pre-warmed cup, the espresso is simply much too cold.

I have the preparation at 96°C, at the outlet I measure with a thermometer just 60°C.

My DeLonghi Nespresso machine is getting it up to 71 degrees, which is fine.
A colleague has a new EQ.6 and says the espresso is too hot for him to drink immediately. That should be well over 60 °C.

Can you understand that about your machines?

Greetings and thanks
Thomas

Unfortunately, it's the same with me. Cold espresso, cold double.
Very weak engineering
mad.gif

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

December 02, 2019 09:07 am

Expert

Member No.: 22501

If you only chase a few millilitres of hot water through a cold coffee tablet, it won't get really hot...
So rinse first and use warm cups... that helps at least a little bit

Gast_Stefan

December 27, 2020 07:55 am

Unregistered

Hello, we have unfortunately the same problem, the espresso comes much too cold from the EQ 9 s500 Connect.
Had the machine now already 2 times in the repair, bought Nov. 2019, The 1st time the brewing unit was replaced, had a defect according to the service report. The 2nd time the machine came back with no fault detectable. Thereupon I then wrote Siemens a "nasty" mail, which was also answered only 4 weeks later after two queries. According to them, everything is fine with my machine and completely normal...
When I measure the temperature of an espresso with a thermometer, it comes out at 51-53°C (cup preheated to 35°C). The second and third espresso has then just about 60 ° C.
Sorry but I find that in a machine in the price range ne mess ...
If I let out 200ml of hot water as the first draw and then draw an espresso, 62-64°C. By the way, that was the answer to my "nasty" letter to Siemens, yes if your wife wants a hot espresso at the first draw, let out a cup of hot water first....

So now for my actual questions,

1. What would you guys say is this a product defect? If I send the machine again for repair, the error most likely again can not be fixed, I should have the right to conversion?

2a. apparently gibts really good hot espresso only from a portafilter, how do you do that when you have visitors, 6-10 guests who also like to drink a "milk coffee, cappuccino or latte?

2b. Or how I have an Italian wife who needs 2-4 cups of espresso a day wink.gif you have the machine always on the whole day?

Michael_x   

January 03, 2021 06:23 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 42517

Re 1) By saying that the defect has always been there, the 2 year period should still apply.
Whether the whole thing is a defect or normal is the more difficult question. Maybe clarify first before you send the machine in as "defective"?

To 2b) That your wife lets you pass a SIEMENS as a coffee machine, you should credit her. biggrin.gif

Gast_Günther

April 05, 2021 09:10 am

Unregistered

have recently also this problem coffee too cold

ovidio Jose

April 19, 2021 05:07 pm

Unregistered

I also have this problem with this EQ9 plus the latte is only 55C and my wife complains that the coffee is not warm.

Any idea what to do?

BR