Advanced search

Melitta Caffeo CI - Water runs into a drip tray

Water/coffee runs into drip tray

Gast_Coffeelover

September 18, 2015 02:55 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with the following problem: The coffee is ground and the water is pumped, but it does not flow into the cup but into the collection container (note: the machine has been cleaned). The coffee powder is moist and one has the impression that not only water, but also coffee is in the drip tray. Already in the last weeks the cup filling quantity became less and less. Before my Melitta Caffeo CI finally went on strike today, it pumped all the water in the tank during routine flushing before switching off, the process could only be interrupted by pulling the plug.

In the forum I read that both the brewing unit and the drainage valve are possible sources of error. Can it be the drainage valve when the coffee lands in the drip tray or should the water then be more or less clear? It would be great if someone could give me a tip on the probable cause.

Many thanks already in advance.

September 26, 2015 01:39 pm

Unregistered

Hello,
the seal must be replaced
Mfg

Gast_Nico

November 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Unregistered

Hello altogether,

I have exactly the same problem! Instead of the coffee flowing into the cup, it flows directly into the drip pan! Has your problem been solved? If so? Wie?
Best regards
Nico
Melitta Caffeo CI

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

November 11, 2015 11:30 am

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 22501

Drainage valve, brewing unit or the microswitches in the drive may be the cause...

Gast_Nico

November 11, 2015 03:08 pm

Unregistered

Thanks for the quick answer first!

How and where can I have it checked, I don't dare. With my luck is in the end even more broken! I come from Dortmund there is somewhere a repair service there?

Best regards
Nico

Martin (Hobbytechniker)

November 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Expert

Member No.: 22501

Do not despair Google ask.. They certainly know where to get a service.

Otherwise please google to GIDF... there is also a good tip.

Pasadena42119

December 11, 2015 12:08 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 27941

Hello,

As far as I could follow and determine this, the collection container is not monitored with any sensor. It is obviously a simple counter in the electronics, which tries to determine when the bowl could be full depending on use and coffee quantity or flow sensor.

For us this almost always works out. Sometimes we have seen for ourselves by the red swimmer that the bowl is full, taken out, emptied, pushed in. Often we experience it then, that (a cup later) the device asks to empty the bowl, although it is empty.

We only open the drawer a few centimeters until the message comes "insert tray", then we push it back in.

I'm pretty sure there's only an internal counter reset by the contact in the drip tray.

Pasadena

January 05, 2016 11:25 am

Unregistered

I have the same problem. Coffee (and also rinsing) runs directly into the drip tray. The problem occurred right from the moment I ran the cleaning program with the cleaning tablet (original Melitta tablets). I'm afraid leftovers of the tablet are clogging some hose. I have already screwed on the device completely, but unfortunately the untrained eye sees nothing there at first attempt. I've also run dozens of flushing, cleaning and intensive cleaning programs in the hope that somehow this will clear the hoses. But it didn't work.

January 05, 2016 04:12 pm

Unregistered

It's probably the drainage valve. This must be cleaned or better still replaced. I can't do it myself (it's one of the more complicated parts to replace). The repair service estimates 160€.

DIDDI

December 01, 2017 03:21 pm

Unregistered

Hello coffee friends

Had exactly the same problem as described above with my Melitta Caffeo CI. Coffee ran through the drainage valve into the equalizing tank and into the drip tray. Also the rinsing water for the start and the skimming process was to be found in the drip tray. Cleaning the valve didn't do any good and was totally dirty among other things. The seal and the piston of the valve were probably worn out and then no longer properly tight that not enough pressure could be built up to move the valve.
The valve is with an effort of about 1 hour and some technical understanding itself quickly exchanged.Maybe it takes a little longer to clean everything properly. One finds instructions and videos enough in the Internet.
The valve costs approx. 16€ in the Internet + dispatch. In contrast to the repair which was estimated at 120-160 € on request a real bargain :-)
Coffee runs again...

best greetings

DIDDI

ktitzedent

December 02, 2017 03:12 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 23903

I'm currently facing the same problem as Diddi. However, the replacement of the drainage valve did not bring about any change - all the water during the rinsing process and coffee brew runs into the drip tray. Cleaning and decalcification has been carried out, seals have been replaced, hot water supply is normal - where do I have to look further ??
Machine : Melitta Caffeo CI E970

BlackSheep

December 03, 2017 08:45 am

Experienced

Member No.: 2529

Hello,

if no mistake was made in replacing the drainage valve,
or a seal was forgotten and the driver
was mounted in the correct position, it can only be the
connection angle of the brewing unit that is broken.

greeting
BS

--------------------
Ich schaue hier nur noch ganz selten vorbei.
In verschiedenen anderen Foren bin ich mit
dem gleichen Nickname zu finden, falls mal
jemand Hilfe benötigt kann ich vielleicht dort
helfen.

December 19, 2017 06:45 pm

Unregistered

QUOTE (BlackSheep @ Sunday, 03.December 2017, 08:45 hrs)
Hello,

if no error was made in the drainage valve replacement,
or a seal was forgotten and also the driver
was mounted in the correct position, it can only be the
connection angle of the brewing unit that is broken.

Greeting
BS

I also have the problem with the water in the drip tray. Before I order any parts I would like to know where the connection angle of the brewing unit is located in order to be able to check it right away.

-wolf-

December 19, 2017 06:54 pm

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 31614

The above contribution is from me. I registered now.

BlackSheep

December 20, 2017 08:52 am

Experienced

Member No.: 2529

Hello,

the connection angle is very easy to see on the brewing unit.
it is on the opposite side to the handle.

And order a NEW drainage valve and not a repair kit,
because the housing of the DV is usually torn in the CI and then
new gaskets won't do any good.

Greß
BS

--------------------
Ich schaue hier nur noch ganz selten vorbei.
In verschiedenen anderen Foren bin ich mit
dem gleichen Nickname zu finden, falls mal
jemand Hilfe benötigt kann ich vielleicht dort
helfen.

Seite 123