Siemens EQ.9 "Clean brewing unit" very often

Didi_Nbg

August 02, 2017 09:38 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 30878

Good morning,

I recently had a problem with our Siemens EQ.9 s500:

After a few coffee purchases (max. half water tank empty) the message "Clean brewing unit" appears.
Then of course I do the same. And after a short time the problem comes again.

I have the feeling that moving the brewing unit in operation also sounds different than if it is more difficult.
The unit in the brewing chamber also contained coffee during cleaning, approx. 1 cm high (quite loose).

I also notice that the pressed coffee residues in the marc container are pressed relatively loose. By the way, the problem started after I used the rest of the ground coffee from my vacation in the machine via the powder compartment. Since the beans were empty anyway, I had no beans in the system and that worked perfectly. Now I have noticed that I should have switched according to the instructions about the "bean button". Damn - I hadn't read that!
That was a long time ago and I had max. 10 coffees. Since then I've been using beans again.

I suspect the brewing unit itself was faulty. Can they be rinsed out other than over the tap, cleaned and serviced in any other way? Grease anything with silicone grease? Or what can I do?

Many thanks for the help!
Didi

kaffeechris

August 02, 2017 10:13 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Hello, the brewing unit really clean the bottom, side, top, side, everywhere with 60°C hot water. Never put it in the dishwasher, ever;!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!&#br>With the help of a toothbrush or small brush, also clean the corners.
Ring off, also the covers, are easily clipped.
O-Ring with little silicone grease coat, with finger.
Brew unit test, should now pull together easily, in addition, red slider on the side pull back.

MfG Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

Didi_Nbg

August 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Coffee drinker

Hi Chris,
thanks for the quick response.

I suspect you mean the brewing unit e.g. an EQ.6 or similar.
The EQ.9 has another brewing unit. I don't have any covers on it and also no red slider on the side.

I cleaned them thoroughly again. You can actually get there anywhere.
I cleaned the O-ring and greased it with silicone grease.

I'll see if it worked and how much coffee I can let out now. I'll get back to you and report.
Didi

HWS

August 04, 2017 09:25 am

Expert

Member No.: 24376

Good morning,

I suppose the machine isn't old yet. With some of my EQ 5 s I got this message. Then it helped to grease the BE drive motor or its bearing again so that it rotates easily enough. If it draws too much current, the electronics will acknowledge this with this message. That'll do some work, though. But it could also be the BE itself.

HWS

Didi_Nbg

August 04, 2017 01:48 pm

Coffee drinker

Shit, after half a water tank the message comes back now.

It has only 128 coffee purchases and 360 milk drinks purchases on it. Used to buy them. The previous owner had used it only very little! Optically it is still 1A!
Since the date of purchase was only in 02.2016, I still have warranty on it. I got the receipt.

kaffeechris

August 05, 2017 08:35 am

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Then use the warranty.

MfG Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

September 20, 2017 09:03 pm

Unregistered

Have the same problem !
Has anyone else new tips ?

HWS

September 20, 2017 10:59 pm

Expert

The EQ 9 are not very old yet. Your machine will also be under warranty. These devices are still too <young>, for a good error analysis. EQ 7, for example, are very well known. But EQ 6 or EQ 9, there is still too little experience.

HWS

BenB

October 03, 2017 10:17 pm

Unregistered

We have had EQ9 since the beginning of the year. After about half a year it also started to clean with brewing group. The nice thing is that when the message comes the red lever of the brewing group is blocked and you don't get the brewing group out. In order to be able to remove the brewing group, you must remove the side flap when the message appears. After a few seconds reinstate. You can then hear how the motor turns the brewing group. Then immediately remove the flap again. The lever can now be easily moved and the brewing group removed.

To prevent the message from coming back, simply grease the spindle of the brewing group (the large thread). Had some silicone grease left from the Saeco care set. And luckily, the news hasn't come back since.

Didi_Nbg

October 10, 2017 02:03 pm

Coffee drinker

Thanks for the tip with the greasing. This was the first thing I did because I knew it from the previous machine.

Now I wanted to take photos for the service technician a few weeks ago and then the mistake didn't happen anymore! I let myself out (and drank) one espresso after the other in the evening. But the mistake didn't come anymore. After the 10th espresso I stopped! Unfortunately the evening was late! I couldn't fall asleep for a long time! wink.gif

Now the error has not occurred for a long time. I'll report back when there's something happening.

Gast_Coffee

November 02, 2017 06:50 pm

Unregistered

Super the tip with greasing the spindle worked, thank you

Gast_Alex

January 30, 2018 06:45 pm

Unregistered

Hello,

also have the problem of BE jamming. Now I wanted to grease the spindle. I have noticed that you can only get to a small area of the plunger where, in my opinion, the fat cannot spread. Where exactly did you put the fat?

Thank you

February 09, 2018 06:01 pm

Unregistered

our one has the metal bracket that is supposed to wipe off the coffee residues and so we get the message

HWS

February 10, 2018 12:09 pm

Expert

The metal bracket can be bent easily.

HWS

February 27, 2018 10:46 am

Unregistered

About a year after I purchased my EQ9 S300 the problems with the brewing unit started.
Strong contamination, wet and soft pomace, clamps on removal etc.
In this forum I read that a grease on the threaded spindle is supposed to help.
Only how do I get the bearings greased up and down.
Silicone spray from a discounter was the solution. With the enclosed tube I was able to lubricate the bearings at the top and bottom. Since these parts do not come into contact with coffee and the tube makes targeted oiling possible, I have no fear of impairment.
Result : The brewing unit does not often report that it wants to be cleaned. The coffee machine probably evaluates the sluggishness in order to recognize that it wants to be cleaned.
The pomace is also not as moist as before.
We wait and see how long the result will last.

Seite 123