Advanced search

Melitta Barista TS Smart stops making espresso aft

RobbyT

October 31, 2022 04:12 pm

Unregistered

I have a major issue with my Barista TS Smart. After grinding the beans, starting the pump and then pausing (as usual for a moment before outputting, it starts to output (weak pouring though) and then there is what sounds like a puff of air and the pouring stops, outputting perhaps a quarter of what it should.

I’ve removed and thoroughly cleaned the brewing unit by hand, opened the back to check for leaks, descaled etc but the problem remains. Is my machine finished? sad.gif

Schlawi

October 31, 2022 04:20 pm

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

Unhook the cover of the drip tray. Then you can make a reference and look where the water runs out.
Typical suspects are the drainage valve and also the brewing unit.

kaffeechris

October 31, 2022 04:20 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

To do this, you need to localize the error.
How old is the device, what is used for decalcification?
Pump too weak?

MfG Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

RobbyT

October 31, 2022 05:02 pm

Unregistered

I use Melitta liquid decalcifier on the machine and have run two descaling cycles already recently.

It is possibly the pump being too weak, as it actually does the same thing when I choose the rinse option under care, so it doesn't just do this when making coffee.

The device is around 3 years old. I will check the answer on the drainage valve, but I doubt it's that.

RobbyT

October 31, 2022 09:31 pm

Unregistered

The machine appears to be draining correctly into the drip tray, the sound is like air escaping/pressure loss, although I can't see it obviously escaping from the pump when the back is off the machine. Have done a further descaling now just in case that made a difference and it hasn't changed it unfortunately.

Schlawi

November 01, 2022 09:13 am

Expert

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 14628

Is the pump getting quieter? Think the hissing noise is the drain from the drain valve.
Do you know someone who has the same machine and you can swap the brew group?

kaffeechris

November 01, 2022 01:29 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Hello, according to the data sheet, the product Descaler from Melitta has lactic acid and citric acid as the active ingredient as a mixture.
A descaler should have a base on amidosulfonic acid.

Sincerely Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

Iain

November 20, 2022 01:05 pm

Unregistered

Hi Robby,

I have the same problem and similar aged machine. I have also tried doing a number of cleaning routines in quick succession and cleaning the brewing unit. I have found that leaving the machine and then reusing the problem is temporarily solved but then resumes and it acts like there is a blockage or something?