Advanced search

Saeco Talea Touch - pressure build-up and no coffee

Matze265

February 09, 2016 10:58 pm

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 28319

Hello dear Community,

I have often used this forum as a help for handicrafts on fully automatic coffee machines. At this point we would like to thank you very much for your help so far.

At the moment a Saeco Talea Touch is causing me problems, but I can't find enough information about it on the net.

When rinsing and dispensing coffee, not a single drop of water/coffee arrives in the cup. The pump pumps (becomes quieter and quieter), pressure builds up and discharges as soon as the brewing group returns to its initial position. The water lands in the drip pan.
In test mode, I let the pump work while the brewing group was in sleep mode, so you can take it out. Works. Pump runs normally, flowmeter measures 14 units, water lands (logically, because of the position of the brewing group) in the drip tray.
If I drive the brewing group into working / brewing position, no drop comes and the pump becomes quiet again. The problem therefore only occurs when the brewing group is in the working / brewing position. I have already tried a second brewing group. Unfortunately without success. That's why I'm ruling out the crema valve.

The ejected coffee grounds are moist. In my opinion, there must be a blockage somewhere between the brewing group and the coffee spout or (possibly?) a defective valve. But it seems unlikely to me that the mistake is in front of or in the brewing group.

I found some suggestions in different forums, but not really anything useful. Mostly suggestions of defective outlet nozzle (which in my opinion is out in my case because of the damp coffee powder; moreover the Talea does not have this sliding piece at the outlet nozzle) over brewing group gear up to failing pump. The latter two proposals do not seem to apply to me either. Nothing cracks when the brewing group moves, but everything runs quite normally, quasi as always. No gear wheel jumps in the gearbox. The pump works, too. Even hot water and steam works.

I'm not afraid to disassemble the machine, I just want to prevent a haphazard procedure. Has anyone had any experience with this mistake in the Talea and can give me a hint?

Many thanks!

Love greetings

Matze265

HWS

February 10, 2016 09:27 am

Expert

Member No.: 24376

Good morning,

if there is no slipper in the outlet valve, then the machine has an electric function valve for the control of hot water and coffee. I would check if there is a blockage of this valve.

Greuss HWS

mkaleu

September 07, 2020 11:58 am

Coffee drinker

Member No.: 24138

QUOTE (HWS @ Wednesday, 10 February 2016, 08:27 a.m.)
Good morning,

if there is no slider in the outlet valve, the machine has an electric valve for the regulation of hot water and coffee. There I would check if there is a blockage of this valve.

Greetings HWS

Too bad that the contributions are never finished. On the Minuto HD8916 there is no sliding piece with which the brewing group could open the valve in the outlet nozzle. Why, contrary to physics, it can overcome the spring pressure when the pressure rises, remains a mystery to me. The valve for hot water is simply located at the end of the pipe and can only be opened or closed, so it has nothing to do with it.

Gast_Alex

December 02, 2023 10:25 pm

Unregistered

I had the same problem and after unsuccessfuly I changed SBS valve, rings....oi fix it with a piece of copper wire...
After cleaning cycles some caffe residue blocked the caffe circuit.
I insert the wire from the back , ( brew unit compartment) and ofter 5cm I feeled something stuck in there....
Is a white tube there.
Remove it with circular motion...and now is working perfect.
( sorry my English)