EQ6 - water runs directly into collection container

Small amount of coffee

haraldv

November 06, 2022 08:47 am

Coffee drinker

Group: Mitglieder

Member No.: 60066

Hello all,

There are already many threads on this topic but I could not find one that fits my problem.
Over the last few weeks, the coffee withdrawal became less and less. Water is leaking from somewhere (no coffee in the drip tray, just water).

As advised here, I bypassed the machine to turn on without the front and side panels

When I start the Kafffebezug I see water dripping out in large quantities "under" the actual machine next to the brew group. So when I stand in front of the machine in the left part. I have attached a photo.
It can't be the pump, can it? There is water coming. Could it be the seal between the pump and the brew group? I suppose then the water would drip down more in the gap to the brew group, but that's not the

caseThanks for your help!

Attached Image

swolle

November 06, 2022 08:57 am

Barista

Member No.: 46321

It looks like calcification in the system or clogging in the brew group. Unscrew the metal screen in the brew group, if it is clean underneath, first run the descaling program with double the amount of descaler.

haraldv

November 06, 2022 09:04 am

Coffee drinker

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that. I have the machine with double amount of descaler overnight, then I had for a short time the impression it would have become better.
I'll follow your tip right away and look at the sieve, thank you!

Many greetingsHarald

haraldv

November 06, 2022 09:52 am

Coffee drinker

So, now have the brewing group completely disassembled and cleaned, all seals replaced, the metal sieve decalcified separately (under the sieve was nothing to see).
Unfortunately, still the same problem. At maximum draw amount (Crema, 240 ml), about 120 ml ends up in the cup. The rest drips into the drip tray in the machine. Some of the drips fall down at the very back of the machine, some further forward.

I am now running a double descaling again. However, I have a descaling system in the drinking water system anyway, so too much lime usually does not settle. Do you have any other idea what it could be?

Many greetingsHarald

swolle

November 06, 2022 10:39 am

Barista

possibly a hairline crack in the brewing chamber inlet or the coupling for the brewing unit. These are the two parts on the outside of the brewing unit that move together.

haraldv

November 06, 2022 12:17 pm

Coffee drinker

I have now descaled again with two tabs, which has solved the problem! 232 ml of 240 ml set bezugmenge land in the cup, it drips only very little down directly into the drip tray. In the last descaling process it had helped, but that was only short-lived.
Are there differences in the quality of the descaler tabs?
I do not use the original but "woldoclean descaler tabs". Could this be the cause?

Many greetingsHarald

swolle

November 06, 2022 01:47 pm

Barista

I don't know these tabs, so I can't make any statements about them. I only use Eilfix descaler powder based on amidosulfone.

kaffeechris

November 06, 2022 02:16 pm

Expert

Group: Moderatoren

Member No.: 24425

Hello, these are descaling tabs based on citric acid, for kettles or to dissolve for bathroom cleaning. So nothing for KVA's.
As Swolle has already written. Amidosulfonic acidwink.gif

MfG Chris

--------------------
Alles ist Wiederverwertbar, sogar diese Buchstaben.
Keine Anfragen oder Hilfe, über E-Mail.

haraldv

November 06, 2022 05:47 pm

Coffee drinker

According to the manufacturer, this is also amidosulfonic acid. Maybe the concentration is too low, will from now on always take two tabs.

If I also switch to the descaler powder, how much do you take for one pass?

Thanks for the helpful tips!

Many greetingsHarald

swolle

November 06, 2022 06:48 pm

Barista

As recommended, 2-5 grams to a liter of water.